Pea Puffers

not sure if this is the right sections but anyhow

okay so a manth ago i was given some pea puffers from some ones who was moveing i love these guys they are soo cool and intresting i have 2 of them

but a few days a go i gave them there own 5 gallon tank and removed them from my comunity tank as they getting chased around by my dwarf gouramis so now that they are in ther new tank they are doing a few new thinkgs i am wondering if this is normal or what

so for starters they will not ever get more then like an inch away from each othere i am not sure if they are eating i think they are and hope so and the other thing they are now doing is any time i go to look in to the tank at them they willl run and hide under there filter witch is an small internal filter are these thing normal for them

and my other question is how many decerations should i have in there tank i have 3 large fake plants and horwart covering the top of the tank is this enough

thank you

The only thing I noticed with my pea puffers, is the sticking together one. They don't always, but before the bigger one would chase the smaller one away, now when they hunt they are always together.The only time I noticed them eating is when Im feeding, they go after the frozen brine shrimp and blood worms, the bigger one will actually come up and chomp on the frozen food square, sometimes not letting go. But maybe it might be the surroundings , or maybe a smaller tank that they are in now?

Think they perhaps are scared shitless! (if next to this is says poop, that isn't what I originally wrote) I've had the peas and great fun, they'll come to the edge of the glass and just watch what your doing. Anywho...give them a bit of time to calm down as it isn't fun to be chased like you had said was happening. Give them some real plants and they'll be fine in short order. With mine, I had MTS in the tank...they loved to chow down...a hoot to watch as well.

MTS is short for Malaysian Trumpet Snail. They're those little snails shaped like a waffle ice-cream cone. You can get them pretty much anywhere. I'm sure most, if not all fish stores have them. Also there are members here giving some away all the time. I know Sprucegruve has a bunch for free, along with some easy to grow live plants.

Do you have any caves? You could put 1-2 small clay pots in there for them to hide in. It should help them feel a bit safer :)

i know they can be aggressive towards eachother.... it will just be the puffers i was hoping for two.. but can try 3! and I have many salt water tanks so cleaning often isn't an issue! lmao!!!