Decomposing Snail Shells Leave Them Or Scoop?

So my snail killers are doing a fabulous job of keeping the population in check, but im unsure on whether to leave the empty shells for nutrients for plants or scoop and toss, this is the tank im attempting to breed the lemon lime cichlids in and am not sure if the shells will affect the water parameters or what not, so lil help please :-)

If you're doing regular weekly WCs, you won't even notice the increase in hardness. Your nanoluteus won't care about the hardness, anyway. Have they spawned for you, yet? Is that the female in your avatar? If so, they just need to find a cave they like and you'll have fry soon!

No spawns yet unfortunately, they have not chosen a cave they like yet so cobbling a real slate cave as they turned up their noses at the plastic ones I have, and the coconut hut, the brats lol but they are always picking at the flat piece of slate I put in so thinking they want a real cave lol and no the avatar is someone elses as Gilly won't hold still for me to get an unblurry pic lol

Edited by SuperGuppyGirl