What Do You Keep With Your Red Cherry Shrimp

rew

I. Have recently set up a 55 gallon tank with some red cherry shrimp. I put some guppies in with them but don't think I will leave them there. As I don't want adult guppies picking off my baby rcs. Was wondering whjat others have had luck with keepig in with their red cherry shrimp

I. Have recently set up a 55 gallon tank with some red cherry shrimp. I put some guppies in with them but don't think I will leave them there. As I don't want adult guppies picking off my baby rcs. Was wondering whjat others have had luck with keepig in with their red cherry shrimp

Right now I have a 50 gal that is bursting w RCS, Spixis snails and BN plecos. I've also had exploding populations of shrimp and Endler's in the same tank.

I have a 14g with cherry shrimp and daphnia (a food culture), but that probably isn't what you want with such a big tank.

Plecos like BN will be fine

Most fish that don't get over 2cm will work (rice fish, endlers)

Possibly neon tetras

Add lots of cover, plants, java moss, driftwood, etc. and the fish will never see the babies until they are too big to be eaten.

I don't keep anything with my Red Cherry Shrimp. I had a fantastic colony and color strain that I added some Betta picta too.. After a very short time, I just had Betta picta... Lesson learned. Now I am paranoid and only keep snails with them! lol!

Heteranda formosa, girardinus microdactylus, assassin snails and BN plecos all seem to get along with the cherry shrimp in my shrimp tank with lots of cover..

I have abt 100 breeding rcs in a 15g with 2 otos, a clown pleco and lots of driftwood and heavily planted with moss. I am setting up a 5g Fluval Spec with a pair of Furcata Rainbows, a pair of Merah Rasboras, plus 2 otos very heavily planted and lots of driftwood, I will slowly add shrimp to that. I too am paranoid but less from the addition of fish but from no fish and ending up with the dreaded planaria which demolished my crystal reds. So will go the fish route and see what happens.

Nancy