Ace Fall Auction

The ACE fall auction is booked for Sunday October 28th, 2012

High Park Community Hall

11032-154 Street NW, Edmonton

Deliveries: 09:00 AM – 10:00 AM

Viewing: 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM

Auction: 11:00 AM – FINISH

Please book your lots with Michael at mituan@hotmail.com. Anybody can buy, cash only but only members of Aquarium Clubs can sell (we'll even let Calgary members in).

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone run me by the details of selling in an auction?

I have been to quite a few, but have never sold although I would like to try this time. I know I have to have a membership and a max of 20 lots. What is the numbering scheme of the lots?

I emailed Michael at the above email a week ago, but haven't received a reply yet - spam filters really like my long email address, so I suspect the spam filter ate it.

How can I sign up for ACE (I am out of town)? I know they used to have a site, but I haven't found it for a while. Is it possible to perhaps pin a post on auctions and their rules in the ACE Forum?

How can I sign up for ACE (I am out of town)? I know they used to have a site, but I haven't found it for a while. Is it possible to perhaps pin a post on auctions and their rules in the ACE Forum?

I think you can sign up at the auction. I think a friend of mine signed up that way. Not sure if that's still available though. I'm glad you bumped up this topic, cause I thought the auction was this Sunday...that would have been embarrassing showing up at an empty building lol

You will be given a membership number. So you would number the items this way.

###-YY

### is your membership number

YY would be a number from 01-20 which would determine which table it goes on. Tables are numbered from 1-10

So ###-11 would be table 1 and ###-20 would be table 10

Raymond

If I am understanding correctly, the lots numbering start at 01 and goes consecutively until 20? So I would have 2 items per table if I had all 20 lots (eg. 01 and 11 at table 1, etc).

Can anyone tell me for sure if I can sign up and pay on the auction day? If they have a pdf sign up form I can fill it out and just pay at the auction.

I presume that I would still book my lots with Michael in advance? Is it easier on the volunteers organizing the auction if they also know of the donations in advance? I usually send in some plants or starter cultures.

Yes that is right Crystal. I would double check with Michael, we try to keep our maximum lots at around 500 before donations. Any more and it runs too long. He will probably let you seeing as you are from out of town but we try not to have people sign up and sell the day of the auction.

I have a jpeg of the membership form at.

www.facebook.com/AquariumClubofEdmonton

I am working on the auction form but you can use anything, just be sure to have your contact information, membership number and your lots listed.

We don't know what donations there will be till the day of the auction. Again be sure to number the donations as well with

999-table

Hope this helps some more Crystal.

Raymond

Yes anyone can buy. If you have limited time, you can also bump items so that they will be within the next couple of items up for auction.

You must be a member of an Aquarium Club to sell (yes, we even allow CAS members to sell).

Yes anyone can buy. If you have limited time, you can also bump items so that they will be within the next couple of items up for auction.

You must be a member of an Aquarium Club to sell (yes, we even allow CAS members to sell).

But do you let CAS members buy and volunteer too???? :flex:

Though some of us would prefer that a certain ACE member remains silent, it is live.And there's absolutely no rivalry between the clubs, as it's quite obvious that the Calgary club is superior!!As a matter of fact, one year my birthday party even included an ACE auction. Also the calgary club has the most awesome vice president, secretary and more fishbabes too. All kidding aside, we all have a great time at the auctions and I wouldn't miss it!!