What Kind Of Fish Is Good Mix With Crs?

Reytube

Any fish will eat the shrimplets if they can find them. Lots of fish food is made up of shrimp, so you'll primarily have to keep fish that aren't big enough to eat them because if they can, they will.

Edit - I've had luck with kuhli loaches, guppies and celestial pearl danios.

Edited by heff

Try the microrasboras, celestial pearl danios, endlers. I've kept all of these with shrimp before and the shrimp have multiplied. Just be sure to have lots of hiding places for the shrimplets so that you do get more that survive than become food.

Any fish will eat the shrimplets if they can find them. Lots of fish food is made up of shrimp, so you'll primarily have to keep fish that aren't big enough to eat them because if they can, they will.

Edit - I've had luck with kuhli loaches, guppies and celestial pearl danios.

Same here plus some of the Neons & Rummynose tetras

I have 6 rasbora maculata, 5 emerald dwarf rasboras, 5 celestial danios in with my cherry reds/sakura mix and had population explosion, wasn't till I added a few female betta splendens that my population slowed but they just eat the shrimplets not the big guys so survival of the fittest but again mine are cheaper and more prolific

I have 6 rasbora maculata, 5 emerald dwarf rasboras, 5 celestial danios in with my cherry reds/sakura mix and had population explosion, wasn't till I added a few female betta splendens that my population slowed but they just eat the shrimplets not the big guys so survival of the fittest but again mine are cheaper and more prolific

Hmmm mixing Emerald Dwarf Rasboras and CPD, produce any hybrids yet?

Lol if there was they were eaten, didnt think rasboras could mix with the danios or are they actually galaxy rasboras been labelled as both

I actual found a hybrid when I got some CPDs, that's when I dug into it and realized it was a hybrid. I believe that Emerald Dwarf Rasboras should be changed to a Danio.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there. I've been rocking a community tank with RCS, Ghost Shrimp, and Amanos. I have White Cloud Mtn Minnows with them and it's been super peaceful going on a year now. I'd also suggest Endlers as another safe bet. There's also a third fish that escapes me at the moment, they have them at Big Al's often. Very very small fish with longer fins (not danios). They have very very tiny mouths and that's all you really need to look for...

Good luck!