Stock

tc51

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes Smokey I an getting excited, my rock work is coming on ok I want to add more, I am useing 2 penguin 400 with bio-wheel with esstablished bio-media I had on other tanks and a new fluval 404, used lots of new cycle and all the rock work I had in my 33 and 44, up and runing about 10 days now I have 5 low quality yellows in the tank the numbers seems to be holding ok. ph 8.0 ammonia 0 nitrite0 nitrAte around 8ppm. So I hope my numbers stay this good I will keep a close eye the next few days. If the numbers change I will house the fronts somewhere untill it settles down. But I think it will be o.k. '

I would post a picture if I knew how.

Just as a side note does anyone know how long the test chemicals last, I am useing a master test kit from aquarium pharmaceuticals that is about 9 months old.

Tom

I emailed the AP people before with the same expiry date question. They said that there is a date on the bottle and then they are good for about 2-4 years after that. I can't remember how long each one lasts but they each last a different amount(nitrite-2 years, nitrate 4years etc.).

So maybe email them and ask. They sent me a list when i asked.

At the rate I go through the test kits, they never become out of date. ;)

>>ok. ph 8.0 ammonia 0 nitrite0 nitrAte around 8ppm<< : LOOKS LIKE THE TANK IS FULLY CYCLED.

Just be careful when you introduce the fronts and the amount of food.

Bio-bacteria exsist for the amount of food available. If you suddenly increase the bio load the bacteria may take a bit of time to catch up.

Smokey

My fronts arrive in town tonight :wub::wub: will pick them up at Victors on either Sat or Sun.

Just a side note I did my chem readings for the 185, my nitrAtes are up to 10 ppm. I dont suppose that is a large raise, but any change worries me. The rule of thumb is 20 ppp before you have fish affected I will do twice daily checks for while until I feel more comfortable .

I just won a bid on ebay, received one today, its a really good filter set it up on the big tank, check this out , have any of you guys seen or know anythig about this filter.

New from "aqtx.com - products that work"

An Affordable Canister Filter with Features YOU Want:

It May LOOK Like the 2028 HOWEVER

THIS IS NOT AN EHEIM

So what ARE the differences?

Eheim 2028 AQTX 320

Max. Rated Tank Size 158 gallons 105 gallons

@1.75 tank turns/hr @3.0 tank turns/hr

Pump Output (max) 277 gph 320 gph

Power Consumption 25 Watts 35 Watts

Internal volume 439 cu inches 500 cu inches

External dimensions 16-1/2 x 8-1/4 x 8-1/4 15 x 9 x 9

Using EHEIM's method for determining maximum tank size of 158 gallons the AQTX 320 would be rated for 183 gallons. Using the rating of only 1.75 tank turns per hour.

Ideal for all MARINE REEF & FRESHWATER Aquariums

THIS IS BRAND NEW IN

UNOPENED BOX

~1 Year Limited Warranty~

Built in PRIMER PUMP

Edited by tc51

Hi Tom,

Hope you like the fronts... they usually take a week to color up nicely. For your filter it will work now but it might be a little under powered when your fronts get bigger. but thats my opinion:)

I could haved sold you my canister if you really wanted it..fully cycled to :D

Victor I love them, Thankyou very much They are a little afraid right now staying together at one side of the tank,but moving around and look realy healthy.

I will try to post a pic.

I dont just have the new filter on the tank I am running 2 penguin 400 bio-wheel cycled and a fluval 404

Wish you would have told me about your cycled canister, before I bought the fluval. Oh well i think I have more than enough filtration on the tank now.

My thanks once again Victor for a really great deal.

Tom.

Ok dont know how to post pic, will try later.

Edited by tc51

• 2 months later...

Thanks so much for the interest guys

I have not had a chance to do too much lately, going crazy at work.

Will be changing all the rock work going with a darker type can't find texas holey rock here anywere.

My stock list has not changed much

6 yellows

1 pair blue alli

1 Zebra plec

I common pled

1 stripped raphael cat

And of course my 7 zaire blue fronts.

Thinking about adding 5 calvus if I can find them.

Once again I appreciate your interest..

Tom

post-6-1097674581

Edited by tc51