Girls Picked Out 2 Bristolnose Pleco's Today.

Fin2you

Yesterday the common pleco went to a new home with a fellow AA member, so this morning I took the kids into Calgary... Sierra fell for a Starlight bristolnose x common bristolnose baby pleco.. kid you not its less than an inch long & Kathryn an albino pleco...

So here is a picture of Baby Douglas & Ghost in my kritter keeper while I put the new decorations in the tank.

Also attaching a picture of the whole tank, I am pretty pleased with it! the moss covered tree was made by another AA member & I just got java moss today to cover it!

post-5692-0-29252100-1358724330_thumb.jpg

post-5692-0-90348300-1358724336_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

post-5692-0-09549700-1359899187_thumb.jpg

I can't believe how much these guys have grown in just 2 weeks. It's hard to get a picture of Ghost (the albino) b/c we're only getting rare nano-second glimpses. But the darker one .... will hang out in plain view a few times a day.

This one is from Big Als, they said these baby's were brought in by a local person & they're a cross between a common & something else. Now I'm curious about the something else. anyone got a clue? I thought maybe starlight b/c of the white on the fins, but lots have that....

Also how long big usually b4 I'll be able to tell if I have male or female? I'm pretty sure Douglas is a female LOL I see no bristles at all. But Ghost maybe....

post-5692-0-17313300-1359899611_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fin2you

I have my doubts that Douglas is anything more than just a common BN - that's just how they look when young.