Help Fish Dying!

SuperGuppyGirl

IME angelfish can't hurt a full grown Cory broadside. " Generally speaking Corydoras are fairly resilient to most ailments. However stress alone seems to kill more fish than anything else, and when under extreme stress, Corydoras can develop a condition known as "Red blotch disease". The first signs of this are reddish patches appearing on the sides of the body. This reddening is the skin beneath the scutes haemorrhaging. The possible cause of this condition seems to be a combination of stress and poor water conditions. Further research is needed to determine the exact cause. This condition probably causes more Cory deaths than any other condition or disease. It was almost untreatable until the organic treatment "Melafix" was developed by Aquarium Pharmaceuticals. Treatment is simple and the dosage is not critical, unlike many of the chemical compounds. A 75 % water change is recommended before adding a full dose of Melafix to the water. This treatment causes foaming at the surface; add a strong airstone to ensure the water remains fully oxygenated." This is a direct quote from Ian Fuller's book "Breeding Corydoradinae Catfish" second edition. Although I've never had to deal with this I thought it might help. I do not own shares in Melafix. :smokey: Good luck.

Changing the angels out, Sy no you saved their lives, was ready to toss them outside to freeze no corys predation allowed here. Switching them out and going to try the melafix. Can't stand losing my corys.

Changing the angels out, Sy no you saved their lives, was ready to toss them outside to freeze no corys predation allowed here. Switching them out and going to try the melafix. Can't stand losing my corys. *and I will get a real test kit. Promise*

*I kinda edited your last comment there to reflect what you should have meant to say.......lol

God damn lying test strips, bought a nutrifin mini master test kit tonight

Ammonia 0.6

Nitrite 1.6

Nitrate 50

Ph 7.5

No wonder I keep losing fish, my system is poisoned!

Total losses 20 fish A. Panduro/Bitaeniata/HM B. Splendens/ and reticulated/green laser/hifin albino

Dammit think I would recognize a tank cycling, but I have no idea why the bacterial bloom, must have added the fish to fast.