Ace Auction Haul!

jvision

Even though I could only spend about 1/2hr there today (2nd least amount of time I've spent at an auction in about 8yrs!!), I scored a nice bag of Glosso, a vinegar eel culture (for $1!!) and came home with a few trades and some fish from Harold! Great haul for me!!

What'd you get?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a bag of gold rams, some plants I really wanted (towards the end they were really cheap), I got several bags of cories for surprisingly good prices.

And of course, my favorite, "that is a nice big bag plants - could I buy a stem or two from you?". So far everyone I have ever asked was more than willing to take a couple of bucks for a few stems.

Did a few fish swaps at the auction as well.

I went home with far more bags than I have in years.

I was very surprised that the auction wasn't full - normally a snow storm hits on the day of the auction and keeps the more far-flung and cautious people home.

Nice! Pickings were awesome this time around, got alot for my 200. Including some Melanotaenia Wild caught corys, said Spencer Jack on the bag....also had some spixie snails in there. Agazzi, black, habrosus, duplicareous Corys, betta ocellata, and tons of cheap plants. Wish I had brought more cash, really wanted the orange lazers, just have to see whose breeding them and try to make a deal.

Edited by SuperGuppyGirl

Two large anubias barteri, crypts, chain sword, glosso, green shrimp, rili shrimp, giant duck weed (with shrimp hitchhikers), BN Plecos, a nice size common Pleco, and some fenestratus.

Thanks to Jayba, Fishclubgirl, and beautylovetruth in particular and all the good people who put the auction on!

I will not be missing another one.

EDIT: anybody know who brought the Green Shrimp? Or the Rili for that matter?

Edited by jeremoose

Came home with much more than I thought I would! A 20gal drilled tank, a small portion of spikey moss, a big bag of naja grass, the first bag of cherry shrimp ( almost 30 of them in there ), and a small bag of rili shrimp. Both bags of shrimp have some kind of fern plant in there with the shrimps, anyone able to identify the plant that came with the shrimp bags?

All in all it was a great experience, and I may have to join up as a seller next time. Thank you to all who make such a event possible.

... Both bags of shrimp have some kind of fern plant in there with the shrimps, anyone able to identify the plant that came with the shrimp bags?

Probably Java moss, I think it is the most common plant added to shrimp bags for them to hang on to. Low light, easy to keep. I have had success even growing it in window sills.

Bonus! Due to buying a bag of CRAP (lol) was able to id a plant I have as Willow Hygrophilia, thanks fishclubgirl.

And because I forgot earlier, thank you ACE, all the volunteers and runners was wonderful

Edited by SuperGuppyGirl

*grin* I was the brunette second row on the side closest to the door middle seats with my blonde little boy next to me. There was a poor older guy and his wife down from me, I say poor as he was after corys too.