needing a over flow drilled.

fish_man

There was some discussion about this same topic on Canreef just a short time ago.

Apparently Bow Valley will drill glass tanks, but I don't know if this true or how much $$$ you may be looking at.

Likely worth a few bucks anyway as opposed to using an HOB overflow box. The box method just has too much potential for disaster as far as I'm concerned.

When you find a source to drill your tank, please update this thread so that other members can benefit as well.

Good luck!

Doc B)

A glass supply place that carries the equipment - cutters, suction cups etc - should have the glass cutting drill bits (look like hole saws without the drill bit inside) that are coated with diamond grit and fit into hand drills (or drill presses). Would be a lot cheaper than $200 and they would be good for a lot of holes in the future.

• 1 month later...

200 dollars? Geez.

We can do it at Riverfront if you like, we drill and overflow tanks all the time.

Depending on the size of hole it should cost about $30 or $40. Then about $25 for the bulkhead. What kind of overflow do you want, a corner? We might have to order the glass for that. But allow for about 50 dollars or so.

Give me a call at the store tomorrow afternoon, 265-8157 ask for Aaron.