Anyone A Serious Guppy Breeder?

nanmer

I have been looking for some quality guppies, in Canada, without success. There is one breeder in Ontario, but the prices are too steep for my wallet. Is there anyone on this site that is doing any line breeding?

I'm currently trying to fix an all black strain while I wait for high quality stuff from out east. Have you bought any of the literature from Guppy Designer? A bunch of the literature and discussions on the forum there that lead me to believe that you could make a great guppy from store stuff. :)

• 2 weeks later...

fyi... Riverfront has some nice red moscows for forty a pair... I might be the one sitting outside the store next saturday for their 2 for 1 sale if I can find an empty tank???

if I can find an empty tank???

hahahahaha...I keep telling you that you don't need the couch! Stick it in the lobby and then you have room for at least 2 more tanks! lol

I think I managed to find one... Now to get ready to camp out!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have some "Full Black Large Dorsal" guppies that are decendants of fish originally imported from ATFG in Thailand. The females are larger than the males and most of the females will grow very large dorsals just like the males.

If you are interested in blacks, let me know and I can catch a pair and post a picture.

Those are nice! Saw a pair of those at another members house last week, and we were talking about trading fry. I gotta get a pick of one of my creations - a gorgeous blue male that resulted from a full black delta male and a blue tale female. I'm just now studying guppy color genetics, and am hoping to make some nice quality strains from what I have and what's coming from out east.

They are very nice, enjoying them! Still no fry though.....been pregnant now since at least the auction.

Being a somewhat experienced fish keeper, non of the reasons for this delay listed on the net seem to apply

Sorry for this in advance........females! They just do as they please.

John

Here's a couple pics of my best male - he has a few brothers from a subsiquent brood that aren't quite as stunning as he, but great nonetheless! The female in the pics is his mother.

I'm crap w. the iPhone cam. I'm getting the hang of guppy color, but I'd like to be able to produce this nice blue male with a delta tail.

null_zpsb4a5c5a7.jpg

null_zps8de9daf6.jpg

null_zpsff4255c9.jpg