Bamboo Shoots?

CatWhat

I was wondering if Bamboo Shoots are ok to put in my aquariums. I have heard that it is but you have to keep their leaves above the water but I have also read that some put the hole plant under the water and they do fine. Here is a pic I got of the net just to show what I'm talking about.

Bambooshoot_zpsf096b35e.jpg

It is typically recommended that you keep the leaves of terrestrial plants out of the water. While some have adapted to periods of flooding, long term they will eventually perish.

I've always wanted to try to do say a wall of bamboo as a background. I don't know enough about bamboo though to care and trim them keep them in check. But I have heard they are to be kept rooted under water and leaves above water.

I have both bamboo right under water and partly submersed. They have been in the tanks for over a year and all of them are thriving. This is just a personal experience, not documented :)

I have both bamboo right under water and partly submersed. They have been in the tanks for over a year and all of them are thriving. This is just a personal experience, not documented :)

I concur from my reading and viewing of patmonza's tanks.