Aquarium safe foam

canucklehead

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

I have read through this thread and everyone is talking about replacement mech filter material. (white small hole foam) Does anyone know where to get the more porous rigid stuff that you use for biofiltration like the AC except in bigger pieces. I see that Big Als has replacement foam cut for the ACs but I want a piece approimately 8x12 inches about 3 inches thick for a pond filter I am building and want to pump 2000 gph through it. Thanks

I have read through this thread and everyone is talking about replacement mech filter material. (white small hole foam) Does anyone know where to get the more porous rigid stuff that you use for biofiltration like the AC except in bigger pieces. I see that Big Als has replacement foam cut for the ACs but I want a piece approimately 8x12 inches about 3 inches thick for a pond filter I am building and want to pump 2000 gph through it. Thanks

Just what I am looking for....I am sure that somewhere it can be had in 1", 2", 3", and 4" thicknesses, in 4' x 8' sheets, but finding it, and being sure (which is harder than it sounds) that nowhere along the manufacturing-line it has been treated (or has an ingredient) for anti-fungal protection, is the really difficult part.

I've seen a roll hanging from the ceiling at pisces in their plant area. I don't know if they sell it though if if thats for their use or if its even what I think it is. I also don't know how rigid it is. You might want to call them.