What Is/are Your Favorite Snail(S)?

cainechow

For some strange reason I've recently started finding snails interesting. There was a time where I didn't want any snails at all, but I had a hitchhiker pond snail that grew up to about 1.5cms and it is pretty neat.

Do you have a favorite type of snail? What makes it unique?

I like my snails too. I find it funny how determined some people are to completely rid all the snails from all their tanks, when they can actually be nice inhabitants when you stop looking at them as pests. My favorite snails are ramshorns, MTS, and assassin.

Ramshorns make a good clean up crew and do a fairly good job removing algae, and they come in a bunch of forms- you can get blue, pink, yellow (haven't seen much info on the yellows... They popped up in one of my tanks a while ago and I worked the line), etc, and they look quite a bit nicer then the typical brown shelled plant hitchhiker.

MTS are decorative in their own way too, and make good sand sifters/soil pokers.

And assassins because they look cool and take care of any surplus from the above species haha.

Edited by MattsBettas

Even though she's a plant nommer, I love my Marisa! She zips around the tank, antennae swinging happily, while munching away on something rare, or difficult to grow...hmm.....nope, still love her the best. She was tiny when I bought her and now she is a whopper of a gal!

• 4 weeks later...

I miss my nerities (African Dwarf Frogs killed them off) & I used to have a black mystery (applesnail) named Speedy. I had a bunch of sphixi snails that mated in my old female betta sorority tank & I transferred all of them over to the goldfish tank except 1 who is still in the now community tank.

I have Japanese trapdoor, spixi, orange rabbit,satellite snails mystery ,assassins giant Peruvian and 3 different nitrite snails

Oh ya rams-horn , Malaysian and pond snails too

Guess you could say I like snails :D:D

I have spixi,s and Japanese snails for sale.2$ each