I F*n Hate Canada Post

Recently I was trying to find anyone who had blue neocaridina shrimp. Called around and checked forums. Found that the prices local shops are selling this variety are more expensive than if I ordered them online and got them shipped overnight. I decided this is what I would do.

I ordered from ShrimpFever and they guy called me and gave me a deal. They shipped out yesterday and were to arrive today. I was watching the tracking like a hawk and signed up for email notifications.

I am home all day. Don't have the TV on or anything loud that I might miss my buzzer. I get an email stating that the item was attempted delivery and a notification card was left stating where the parcel can be picked up. I immediately went red. They didn't attempt nothing and I went to look and there isn't any notification card.

I know where my parcels usually go so I called the local London Drugs postal depot and gave the tracking number. The lady wasn't very pleasant and stated that I can pick the parcel up tomorrow after 1pm but usually they are not ready till after 3pm. I asked her if there is any way I can pick it up tonight and she said no, but gave me the 1800 to see if I can get it redirected.

Talked to them and they basically told me the same thing. They even had the audacity to suggest that I probably didn't hear them knock.

This is not the first time this has happened to me. I have had parcels arrive very late with no notification cards and then suddenly one day in the mailbox are notifications that state they tried to deliver days ago, when both me and my gf were home. Also, I have had things delivered only to get a notification 2 days later that there was a parcel to pick up and I go to find out what it is and they can't locate it. I have to call the 1-800 only to find it was something I already received.

It was only a few weeks ago that I had made a plant order and one of my parcels was a week and half late. When I got it I talked to the postman and he said he doesn't normally do this run and he was taking over for someone who took the day off. He said that it was marked oversized and probably didn't even try to deliver it because it didn't fit in the mailbox and assumed that I wasn't home because it was during work hours. That order had moss and some other plants. The moss all died. Luckily the other plants survived.

Glad I paid $60 for overnight priority shipping for someone to not even try to deliver it. If they are dead tomorrow when I get them, I bet the shrimp company won't see this as part of their 100% guarantee overnight, because it has an attempted delivery. I contacted them to find out and ask if they arrive dead can they make a ticket to get the money reimbursed.

So ticked off!

been there done that

I actually watched the canada post vehicle drive by my place stop quickly at the community mail box just enough time to leave an 'attempted delivery card' and then took off. I went down to the local shoppers drug mart (which is the community drop off point) told the story and she herself put in a complaint. The package size was very small roughly 2x3 inches. At very least the guy could have left the package in my own mailbox. wonder why people are using them less!

We have made complaints. I am in a condo downtown and the people here have had lots of issues. Especially during holidays. Nothing seems to change. I guess they get their day done quicker if they just say they tried to deliver and get people to come pick things up the next day.

Good thing is I got a hold of ShrimpFever, explained the situation and they said they will still uphold their 100% guarentee. The guy I talked to seemed very nice and said they make sure their customers are happy. So I recommend that place. They have more than just shrimp too (plants, fish, and other goodies). Located in Scarborough Ontario.

Get them shipped to a business address.. Always someone there and there's no mail box.. Worked for me for years and gave my coworkers and employer something to talk about...

Just got back from the post office... was hoping they would have it. They said without the delivery notice they would have to sort through 5000+ brown boxes to look for one with my name on it. The notice and the box will have the same code, but without the notice to match he wouldn't have time to look for it. He was the only one working and he said he would be away from the till too long. He did say that there should be a notice and to look for it. They are usually inside my mail box but I had looked everywhere for it, even outside my condo in case it was placed outside for some reason.

Canada Post website states that a notice may not be left if the mail box was inaccessible or the postman ran out of notices. Also it states that an item may not be delivered if it is oversized for the community mailbox and the residence is more than 500m from the mailbox. Neither of these should apply. My apt isn't half a kilometer from our mailbox, it is accessible, and he shouldn't have run out of notices for every parcel that doesn't fit in our mailbox (seems to happen everytime).

I don't have problems with Purolator, UPS, or FedEx. Wish these were options when ordering. It almost seems that it is easier for him/her to carry the bag of mail to the condo mailboxes, but having to go to various condos to deliver things is too much work. They will say they tried to deliver and then I will get the notice the next day or the day after with my regular mail.

I can't wait to live in a house.

Yes, Tommy from ShrimpFever is a great guy, as is Randy from ShrimpWiki but I am always hesitant to order livestock from them due to them using CanadaPost for shipping. I never have any issues with FedEx or Puralotor - the reliability, speed and guaranteed delivery times of overnight couriers more than make up the differences in the costs. I have never had any issues getting shrimps by noon the next day whenever I order shrimps from the States and use FedEx International Priority.

Edited by jumpsmasher

I live in a 'house' in an older district. Canada post is actually one of the few shipping groups that actually knocks and rings the doorbell in my area. The UPS guy in my area just puts a failed delivery notice on the door all the time - watched him do it one time, came out the front door. He looked at me and drove off.

Did you ever get the shrimp?

yeah, canada post, that seems to be the trend with them now, seeings as they want to end door to door service, and go to community boxes, I've been waiting for packages before, home all day, (im in a basement suite) window open, never even hear them, and I ask my neighbour upstairs who was home at the time, door wide open, mail person never even attempted to deliver, just left a notice card.

Its understandable if they were like that on their old system- if they finished early, they left, and were paid a full day, but in their overhaul a year ago, they changed it, you had to work an 8hr day, if you finished early, they find you something else to do...

and I really dont get why they dont even try to deliver, when I watch my mail person park their postie car at the end of the street