Tattooed Fish At Gold's Aquarium Calgary

Anyone can have an effect on a stores policy by voting with your wallets, if there are enough people of a like mind the retailer will change their marketing.

Exactly, but be aware it could go either way...

I was careful with my wording so as not to post as a negativity as a store (which I have and still recommend to others, as I have been there several times in the past when visiting Calgary) but rather to show a "negative connotation" on a species of fish offered.

Personally I think that's a BS cop out. It's easy to say that after naming the store, both in the title, and your initial post, and then followed by using terms such as "animal cruelty" to describe the fish being sold. You don't feel that's placing this store in a negative light? Really? I'm pretty sure that any LFS owner on the planet would disagree.

Not that I am defending the sale of these fish, but what I am defending is the right of every LFS owner to sell whatever they damn well feel like, as long as the fish in question is legal - which these are. If you don't like it, work on changing the law, and/or educating consumers so that the demand is no longer there, not singling out hard working store owners such as Denis, who after as many years as he's been selling in his market knows exactly what his customers want. Please don't be so naive as to think for one moment that you can educate Denis about anything regarding tropical fish, included those that have been dyed, tatooed, or whatever. You'd be better off saving the fuel on that trip, and helping out with global warming.

Edited by RD.

The reality is there will be some people who read this and agree with SGG that it is a bad practice, some who don't really care one way or the other, and there will be some who read title and think "cool a tattooed fish I'm going to buy one tomorrow". Simply by posting you may have increased demand thereby insuring future sales.

I think most of us on the Mod/Admin share the opinion that this site is a great place for open and honest discussion on opinions and experiences in the hobby. But, I'm also sure that we all agree that if even a hint of a flame war starts, the discussion will be shut down.

So far, so good... :)

I feel that it is turning into a flame war, and ask that a moderator please lock this thread. Thank you