Co2

Janelle003

Curious to know what people have for diy co2 setups? I'm in the middle of setting up paintball co2 for a 10G planted tank with a hob filter, all I have left to get is a diffuser and the tank itself. There is a cylindrical piece that I could purchase to make sure there is 100% absorption but I don't want to use a water pump. Does anyone else have any ideas as to how to hook something like that up without using a water pump? Also open to other ideas!! Still new to planted tanks :)

What kind of filter are you running? If it's a canister, you could put the diffuser inline on the return; if it's an HOB, you could put the CO2 into the intake of the filter. My favorite way to disperse CO2 in a tank is to put it into the intake of a powerhead, which creates a fine mist of CO2.

For small tanks bubble ladders can work well. Use chop sticks at the end of the co2 output...you can also use cigarette filters as well. Personally I use wood diffusers as they kick @$$.

If you had questions about plants, co2 etc just give me a shout...happy to help if you want.

Silly comment here... but you're new to planted tanks and you're looking into a diffuser. What about your lights, substrate, plant choices, ferts? Planted tanks are a balance and everything is part of the equation. Also, they are like riding a bicycle and we all started off on trikes...Keep it simple and start slow as we want you to enjoy your tank!!