Where To Buy Canister Filter?

gqsmooth

What CKMullin said is pretty much your answer, UNLESS you need one ASAP.

If you don't mind getting a used system, you could post an ISO ad on here, or there's a bunch of different Freshwater or Salt Water buy and sell groups for various Alberta locations on Facebook. I am in the Edmonton group and often see people posting canister filters for sale there. I've bought a few off of that group actually, as I was running a lot of aquariums in the recent past.

Having said that, I've found that Petland has a slightly cheaper pricing for the Fluval brand of canister filters. I'm not sure which brand you're after, if it's Hydor or Eheim or another.

But if you're not in a rush wait it out until Boxing day- and go to basically any generic pet store. If you're in central Alberta, there's a huge fish store called Big Al's.

Also- you can try Amazon.ca

It's a really good place to go for Boxing day, especially for this kind of thing...because Amazon is able to lower their prices to almost extreme levels that local stores often cannot do...but that also depends on the vendor. Amazon has independent vendors, so it can be up to the brands what they want to price at as well, outside of Amazon...but it does not hurt to try.

I've bought many fish related items on Amazon actually when I could not find them in stores, or when I needed a larger quantity.

I'd try Amazon.ca then- takes a bit to come here, but worth it, if the price is significantly lowered.

You can see now on there what the prices are- maybe make a file, copy and paste some of the pricing and products you might be interested in to get an idea of where it is now.

If it's significantly increased on Boxing day- you have a reference for where it was at least, and can see if it's gone down significantly enough. That'd be my plan of attack at least.

• 1 month later...