Courting Display

Molino

I was inspired by all of Seans great photos and decided to try and take some pictures of my Convicts the other day. The water was not as clear as it should have been, but I was happy with this shot. Ideally I would have caught all of the male in the frame... maybe next time.

IMG_2979-Convicts-650w.jpg

I think I need or rather want :smokey: to start taking photos of other peoples fish... my collection is limited. Any takers?

Cheers!

Nelson

Wow!  I almost see some competition for Sean....

Other way around! He's been doing this for years longer then I have.

Oh and quite a nice picture Nelson.

Did you try to recover any of the shadows at all to get that convict in the background a bit brighter? Also, I think you could improve this shot if you tone down the rocks a bit in post processing. The one directly below the convicts isn't bad but the one on the left is a little distracting.

Edited by Froggie

Thanks everyone, glad you like the photo :)

Sean, do you like this version better? I lightened the fish slightly to brighten up the males tail and fins. I also removed some distractions and toned down the whites on the rock underneath.

IMG_2979-Convicts-650w-v2.jpg

(African_Fever @ Jan 29 2006, 09:42 AM)

Wow!  I almost see some competition for Sean....

Other way around! He's been doing this for years longer then I have.

I'm not so sure, you've been posting some amazing photos lately, making great use of your camera and skills, I think I may be falling behind.

Sean, do you like this version better? I lightened the fish slightly to brighten up the males tail and fins. I also removed some distractions and toned down the whites on the rock underneath.

I do, it really draws attention to the fish and makes for quite the image.

Nelson, if you ever want to cruise down to the southside, let me know. You're welcome to shoot my tanks! :guns: (oops... wrong shooting :blush: )