Plecos at Nature's corner

Vallisneria

Just thought i'd let the pleco lovers that Nature's cornerstore has a bunch of new plecos.

Otocinclus negros

Ancistrus dolichopterus

ORANGE-SEAM (Gold Nugget type)-L81 Baryancistrus.sp.

PITBULL Pleco-LDA25 Hypostomus sp.

QUEEN ARABESQUE-BEAUTIFUL FISH-L260

The queen arabesque are really beautiful :drool:

... and only $60 ;)

It was all I could do to only buy a BN and leave the Queens alone....

"soooo hot.... want to touch the fishie...."

Related Question to the BN fans out there... the BN I bought has white tips on it's tail... and white spots. No other BN I have has the tips, and they all have yellow dots... different or the same? BTW: The one I picked up is about 1" long... still a VERY young one.

I think that's just their coloration when they're young. I bought my male from Henry a couple of years ago - we didn't know what sp. they were b/c of the coloration, so I decided to try them out. He's now a regular-colored BN.

All of the fry I have, have the white tips, and spots - must just be juvie coloration.

The white tips on the tail or dorsal fin are called "flash".

My male BN has this on his tail (I think, been a while since I seen him).

The colours do sometimes change as they get older or when the mood may stike

:rolleyes: .

Anyways, sounds like I might be making a trip to Natures this weekend.

Anything else they have of interest, like any oddballs anyone, cause the last time I was there I guess they were setting up still and had not too many fish.

Except a cool baby SW shark! :heart:

that looks like a pretty decent selection of plecos they have there.. will have to try to make a road trip back there in the not too distant future..

was the bristlenose brown with the white flecks on the tail.. or was it black??? any pics Tanker?

and how was there cory selection when you were in there??? or did you notice?

Related Question to the BN fans out there... the BN I bought has white tips on it's tail... and white spots. No other BN I have has the tips, and they all have yellow dots... different or the same? BTW: The one I picked up is about 1" long... still a VERY young one.

I bought 2 of these guys yesterday too. The white stripes and spots go away when they are older. I bought a baby BN that looked like these ones last year and his white is completely gone and is now the regular brown w/ light spots/patches. So i just think its juvie coloration and not a fancy variety or anything.

This little'un was jet black with the white spots in the store... pale yellow when we got home... and within minutes of being in his tank was back to jet black with white spots.

He is SO cute! They are like puppies and children... why can't they stay that small?!?! (He's one inch, tops)