NEW FISH : Neoprodigy has gone "WILD".....

neoprodigy

True, but you would be far from the first....all that is needed is an officer with a little extra time on his hands. Sadly, these things tend to get enforced sporadically, and it is usually the least deserving people that get nailed.

Like average people, guys in F&W keep fish and herps themselves, so they hang out in these forums, too...and, as per their oaths, they simply cannot ignore a confession of crime if it is handed to them.

Fine. Whatever. Thanks for making a big deal about it. I was just trying to warn him. Now what, I should go erase my posts? Doesn't matter anyways, seeing as you went on about it just as much.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine. Whatever. Thanks for making a big deal about it.

Umm??? You were the one that chose to announce that bullfrogs were illegal and that you had one, not me:

"I've recently found out that bullfrogs are illegal in alberta...which sucks, because I have one."

I was just trying to warn him.

Could have PMed him, as I did you, non?

Now what, I should go erase my posts?

Feel free....but perhaps instaed of erasing posts later, choose more carefully what you put in them before hitting the 'submit' button.

Fine. Whatever. Thanks for making a big deal about it.

Umm??? You were the one that chose to announce that bullfrogs were illegal and that you had one, not me:

"I've recently found out that bullfrogs are illegal in alberta...which sucks, because I have one."

I was just trying to warn him.

Could have PMed him, as I did you, non?

Now what, I should go erase my posts?

Feel free....but perhaps instaed of erasing posts later, choose more carefully what you put in them before hitting the 'submit' button.

I just didn't think it was that big of a deal. I knew what I was typing when I hit the submit button. But you have already told me all of what you just said via PM. Seeing as the frog is leaving, I didn't think it was that big of a deal to mention it.

ever see the HBO series "OZ"? prison definitely sucks.

heh...i think you'll be fine in the end there devon. its good you're trying to solve the problem your tadpole has become. just be sure to research any future breakouts. i woulda never figured bullfrogs as illegal myself. alberta didnt even buy into the "frankenfish SH" ban throughout north america.

so what else, besides bullfrogs(?), should be stashed away with my bong??

ever see the HBO series "OZ"? prison definitely sucks.

heh...i think you'll be fine in the end there devon. its good you're trying to solve the problem your tadpole has become. just be sure to research any future breakouts. i woulda never figured bullfrogs as illegal myself. alberta didnt even buy into the "frankenfish SH" ban throughout north america.

so what else, besides bullfrogs(?), should be stashed away with my bong??

hehehe...well, rats, for one.

Nothing like a visit from the cops to end this arguement! :D You were right, I was wrong, the cops have to much time on their hands. They were waiting at my work to arrest me at five...but, I have yet to talk to them, as I was sick and didn't go in, and they didn't come to my house. My boss told me that they were asking him about me having illegal species, asked if I brought them to work and sold them out of the backroom (wtf? Where did they get THAT idea?) and various other questions. Two cops and two fish and wildlife officers. Unfortunatley for them, they should really get online more often, my bullfrog is long gone. They can feel free to come search my basement, but it's in their better interest not to, as I have an attack lovebird. And she takes her job seriously! :P

I wonder if they'll be waiting for me tomorrow at work. I wonder if I'll get to wear handcuffs! -roll-

But, I have a few species that Im not sure about. One toad that I've just put the label "American Toad" to, only because that's what he looks most like...but I think he's a hybrid. I adopted him from Petsmart because he had a growth on his nose. I guess I shouldn't have put that label to him...it was out of convenience, it sounded better to say "American toad" then "Fat brown toad with no real name". I had no idea american toads were illegal until lately, but they can check him out and ask petsmart about him, I'm pretty sure he's not.

Also, I have a lizard...a Calote. I don't know much about them, or whether they are legal or not. It was a recent rescue.

Not being a reptile collector I was just wondering why bullfrogs are illegal in Alberta. The rat thing makes sense but how much harm can a frog do to an eco system? Assuming that is the reason.

They get huge, and eat a lot. They can eat ducklings, garter snakes, and could fit every native amphibian into their mouths.

I am a huge tree hugging environmentalist though, the last thing I would do is release him into our ecosystem. I got him as a tadpole, he came into the fish store I work at with our feeder fish. It was an innocent mistake.

The rats I rescued in BC and brought back not knowing they were illegal, and kept them secret when we found out they were. Again, I would never release them, and two were hairless and could never survive anyways.

The toad in question was for sale at Petsmart, so now the store has to find all of the paperwork for it. As well as the paperwork reguarding the shipment the bullfrog came in...

I found out though, that it wasn't someone who read this post. It was someone on another forum, Nexopia, that has a grudge against me. He gathered all of the information, found out that I work at Petsmart, went to the different petsmarts on a day he knew I worked, found me at my store, and reported my animals, and where they could find me, to the cops. He really needs to get a life. I mean, pardon me for blowing my own horn here for a second, but with all of the good I do, the sacrafices I make, to rescue, care for, and rehome these animals with my own money....how dare he go out of his way to report me, knowing that my rats were old (now dead), the bullfrog was being shipped away, and the toad was a mistaken idenity, and risk my entire dream of starting a large animal sanctuary. Knowing full well the fines involved, the fact that it would completely devestate my family and our life, our goals, and the lives of my animals. I just think that there are better things that he could be doing with his time, other then attempting to bring down a 17 year old girl and her animal rescue, over a few animals and some mistakes.

:(

Thanks for the update. Glad you're not going to show up on a new episode of "Oz". :lol: Don't let one (jealous?) idiot get you too down. The work that you and your family are doing is mostly a thankless job not noticed by most of the general public. To the rest of us it is a great thing that you are trying to do. Keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...