Brown Algae

tc51

Never had this problem before, and I hate it it's driving me nuts. Yes it is a new set up 90 gal cycle complete perm's are all OK, just this brown crap everywhere.

So now what, I have cleaned the tank stirred the sand and vacuumed, still it comes back.

I am assuming my lighting is the problem I am using T5 twins same as on my other 90's with no problem there.

What can I do to get rid of this stuff.

Thanks.

Tom.

"Brown Algae" is usually diatoms - a brown coating on everything. Otos like the stuff. If it's fuzzy or hair-like, then SAEs would be a good choice - Amano shrimp would also work.

Thanks Guys

Jason it is a brown coating on everything not hair like. Amano shrimp I thought would only eat green Algae Oh well I wil do another tank clean tonight see if I can saty on top of it.

Thanks agian.

Tom

In a 90g you'd need a TON of amano shrimp to notice an impact on the algae.

Otos do the best job at eating brown algae, but you'd need to get a group of them to clean up a 90g.

I had brown algae in my 90g and i added 1 BN pleco and he cleaned it up within days.

Thanks Guy's ya I know about diatom outbreak that sometimes happens in new setups I have just never experienced brown algae in any of my setups before. I was hoping there may be miracle quick cure that I didn't know about I guess I will have to put up with the unsightly mess until it clears itself up.

Thanks for all the help guy's appreciated.

Tom.

I was hoping there may be miracle quick cure that I didn't know about I guess I will have to put up with the unsightly mess until it clears itself up.

Luckily it wipes off the glass and decor extremely easily with a soft cloth. I'd rather deal with diatoms then those hard green dots of algae that appear on the glass.

Luckily it wipes off the glass and decor extremely easily with a soft cloth. I'd rather deal with diatoms then those hard green dots of algae that appear on the glass.

Most defiantly with you on that one Sean.

Tom.