29 gallon tank problem

Barracuda-m

I have a 29 Gallon WalMart special, I had a plastic background taped to the back of the tank for a looong time, and when I tore the tank down to clean it (I'm want to use it for fish now, I had tree frogs in it) I noticed a chip in the plastic base, as you can see in the pic. I don't know how long it's been there.

Will this affect structural integrity? Is it useless now? The silicone seal inside is still intact, and the glass doesnt seem to be damaged.

What should I do? Please help!100_1051small.jpg

Yeah, I'm not really sure how much support those plastic pieces give. I think they're there more for esthetics - so you don't have to look into the side of your substrate.

I've had WAY worse damage on the trim than that w/o adverse effects. Just FYI, the problem I have in my fishroom is not at all related to plastic trim.

Like the others said.......it should be fine.

As long as the integrity of the silicone has not been somehow compromised, leaks aren't a concern.

The chip looks fairly insignificant and likely won't affect structure or load-bearing capacity at all.

Funny, I've owned a few Wal-Mart specials over the years and it always seems to be one flaw or another.

The last was a 10-gallon that had front glass that bowed out nearly 1/2".