reptile and amphibian

Maybe something in the General catagory would work, but I guess there should be a standard in regards to what we do and do not have sections for.

While I would agree that there are quite a few of us that have these creatures to warrant discussion in a dedicated area... lots of us have cats, dogs, or a sister that could qualify as a pet, and they wouldn't get their own sections, no matter what kind of enclosure they are housed in. As these are mostly land living animals, maybe we should keep our sections and the majority of our discussions to those that live under the surface.

And no, holding your sister's head under the water doesn't count.

Edit: I don't want to make it sound like I do NOT want conversations of 'anything and everything', but I don't want the 'aquatic' focus of the board to be lost... ya... that says it a little better.

This is definitely something that we can discuss... so post your opinions and let's see what the people think!

A Herps section might be applicable. I always though of Herping as Aquatic's little brother. There are a lot of Amphibians that are kept in Aquariums and/or Terrariums.... Even some Reptiles, for that matter.

Edited by jvision

Are they "aquatica", or not? Depends if they inhabit water at some point in time or not. Some do, some don't.

So then we are going to have people with non-water reptiles wanting a bearded dragon forum, a snake forum, etc.

Unfortunately, the line has to be drawn somewhere. If anything, the aquatic forums could be diversified more before we start including non-aquatic forums.

Like Rudy's "mantis forum" he's been hoping for. :lol:

:"She turned me into a NEWT!"

: "A newt??" :huh:

:"I got better...."

Edited by jvision

Well I have fire belly toads (live in water and land mostly water), a red eared slider (lives in water and land- mostly water), now a musk turtle( lives in majority water), african Dwarf frogs (live in water) ................................sounds aquatic to me

While I DO think that we need a section specifically called "She said 'Herp me baby'... so I did." I am personally not convinced of it's relavence. Somewhat, yes... but still somewhat, no.

I'm going to sit on the fence on this one, and thanks for the mod-offer Christian, I'm sure you'll get the nod for it, if it does go through!

Edit: Herping. You're a dirty herper. Can I get a t-shirt with "I *heart* Herping"? I really should go and find out what herp is, anyways... besides a WICKED COOL word to say out loud. Go ahead... say it. Not just in your head, either... really say it out loud. Doesn't matter you're sitting in the room alone... just... say it. Embrace it. Herp it.

Ok, ya... off to Google it... lmao

Another edit: just Googled it... not as exciting as I thought...

you did say herping and not herpies right???? heehee

sorry man I had to.

I think it would be worth a try and if it does get out of hand then shut it down like the old vender thread

Toirtise...give me a day or two to get a pic. She doesn't look the greatest right now and I am trying to figure out if I can help her get better or just keep her alive. maybe I should bring her to you so you can check her out.

Paludarium section? Would that cover everybody who inhabits both? Pardon my ignorance. :blush:

I'm still trying to get over the lack of an aquatic invert section. 'Freshwater Fish' are SO last week. :rolleyes:

Tanker - you made me say it, I hope you're happy now... definitly one of those fun words, like doily. :smokey:

Actually, "herpes" is more relevant than you might think...the Greek word mean (loosely) 'creeping' or 'things that creep' and is the basis for the "herp" part in both the viral "herpes" and "herpetologist", "herpetoculturalist", "herpetofauna"....so yes, as a herpetologist, you could argue that I do study herpes... :eh:

Actually, "herpes" is more relevant than you might think...the Greek word mean (loosely) 'creeping' or 'things that creep' and is the basis for the "herp" part in both the viral "herpes" and "herpetologist", "herpetoculturalist", "herpetofauna"....so yes, as a herpetologist, you could argue that I do study herpes... :eh:

I really don't know WHAT you said but I think it would just be safer if we all just keep a safe distance from you from now on. :P