My big tank keeps shifting and once again is unlevel

The 230 gallon Tank keeps shifting, it is unlevel again!

Not a lot but still its not level! I can tell and it scares me.

I keep having nightmares that it breaks....................

The kitten knocked a toy down the other night and I woke

up and ran to save the fish! Maybe I will wait until I build

the new house before I set it up permanently..... :cry: Maybe

It is just too big................. I don't know :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ready to give up!!!!!

When I had my 150gallon, it was uneven when I moved it once, because of the boards supporting the foam under the carpet... Perhaps you have the same wood/foam under your carpet, causing it to be unlevel?

The carpet has no underlay, just very short industrial carpet in that area of the house..............

I had the same problem, except on the basement floor on laminate.

I've bought a piece of plywood and heavy styrofoam to put underneath it. Quite a friggen hassle I find, but I am told that should take care of the problem.

-Hideo

I had the same problem, except on the basement floor on laminate.

I've bought a piece of plywood and heavy styrofoam to put underneath it. Quite a friggen hassle I find, but I am told that should take care of the problem.

-Hideo

Well I guess I can empty it again................ I think the floor joists are on uneven concrete?

Just don't wanna have it crash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Check the floor to see if it is level where the stand is. If not then shim your stand legs. If the floor is level then check your stand to see if it is level. If not then you need to shim it or level it in someway. Also is the tank not level based on the top plastic frame surrounding the tank or are you checking level on the tank using the bottom of the plastic frame (the top frame can often get lifted up on one side when being moved).

i've used a sheet of plywood flat under the stand legs, filled the tank a couple inches above the bottom trim, check with a level and shimmed the plywood where necessary. very inexpensive. i have seen this recommended many times before and seems to have worked well for me so far.

With my 230 I had my BF's Hubby to reinforce my floor. He is a framer by trade and asked someone who also is in the field. You can drive an SUV into my dinning room...

I put a piece of plywood (that cost me about $80), then put the stand on that then the tank ontop of the stand. Don't give up......

Did you reinforce the floor? I know stopid Question, but I gotta ask.

I still every once in a while have a horride dream that it goes through the floor or the overflow doesn't work well and I end up with a soaked floor :wacko:

I will tell you one thing, when I get my 400 gallon, it is going in the basement :lol: . I know about the nightmares....

Good luck and don't give up -roll-

Edited by Earthgirl

And why do you think a 7foot tank will be any different shifting wise?

I don't it just fits better into my plans............... I also bought a unit with two 100 gallons, and the 230 will no longer fit in the main part of the house, hate to shove something like that into a bedroom, we have no basement!! Plus the 7 foot is :D Acrylic!!! Always wanted one of thoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -ham-

Hey if it doesn't sell, I can reconsider putting it in a bedroom, just going to take up a lot of room!! :)