Killi section???

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my killies, but am doubtful that there is enough potential killie activity at this time to support a separate forum.

I have to agree with Toirtis, but i'am not oposed to having one.

If more people want it, then i'll put it up to see how it goes.

True the killi action has been down, or maybe there is just no where to post. Killi's if they are down though will rebound, unlike cichlids, where does one begin to buy killies, Taiwan? Trading is often the best outlet for these gems. there has never been a good market except on golden wonders. Anyways I see both points, if the demand arrises open a column, if not it would be a waste. A person can always use killitalk. It's just everyone tends to have killies but keep them in a closet. It's kinda like eating a hungry man meal and watching will and grace...Killies....Just Killies......

I think the main question here is : Would having a section help more than just having the posts in a general area?

The facts are, less than ten topics have ever been started here that deal with Killis for the purpose of discussion*. Would having a section increase this dramatically?

* Based on a search of the entire database, excluding Buy and Sell posts, with 'killi' in the title, which would indicate a conversation about... um... killis.

That was kind of my point too...maybe get them discussed more in order to bring the interest to a level where a section would be useful.

I'd love to see discussions on keeping coldwater saltwater fish (lobster, crab, etc.), but there just isn't enough interest.

Hey Oxquo, how about some well informed threads about killies with some pictures? Nothing like some articles to promote interest, right? :)

sure thing, Just spawned these Notho taeniopygus for the first time it was alot of fun, never even heard of them before this. Killi's are the most awesome!!! First day he kicked the crap out of My hand, now he'll lay right in it without trying to bite me. They are like mini puppies. I would love to do a thread or two on them, Where should I post them? LOL. No seriously, what catagory is good for a detailed article? I will post a step by step photo article of the guys I am spawning now. Good idea, I also have a friend sending his left over nls so I'll be rearing them on that of course after micros and rotifers.

I guess it would depend on the article, itself... if it's all about (or 90%) the breeding, then I'd say in there... otherwise if it's about the natural habitat, care, feeding, etc... then General Aquaria would fit for now, with a move in the future based on the forum's growth.

Just my 2cents, of course.

I think the main question here is : Would having a section help more than just having the posts in a general area?

The facts are, less than ten topics have ever been started here that deal with Killis for the purpose of discussion*. Would having a section increase this dramatically?

* Based on a search of the entire database, excluding Buy and Sell posts, with 'killi' in the title, which would indicate a conversation about... um... killis.

Funny, I just ordered an @$$ load of killies from a guy called Tanker from Winnipeg. I am very sure You are not related. As for write-ups on killies? I'll paste them in the breeding section, I will do one on every species I get as I am hoping to spawn them for BAP's anyways. My notho's I can't write up yet as I have another 5 weeks approximately for hatchout. I think some forums here are just as used as a killi one would be though. Killi's and betta's are popular forums on boards but to be fair, I would be satisfied with a toothcarp section livebearing and egglayers. After all, guppies, mollies and platies are some of our first experiences in the hobby. If it weren't for their easy breeding success and keeping we may have garage saled our tank and never become this domented. Not only that but guppies are often never recorded on Baps forms A) because they are so easy and fewer points and B) We forget about them, We likely weren't club members until We discovered convicts, firemouths and kribensis.

Edited by Oxquo

Yeah He seems like a pretty cool cat, There seems to be alot in Winnipg I may have to make their Spring auction, with Spencer there I am sure there will be a good time to be had. I have met a tonne of cool people branching out to other aquarium society boards. Met a few boneheads too but You do everywhere. Had a guy from Saskatoon ship Me grindals, without even paying for them first, the postage came to $8.00 so I sent him $12.00 but he asked for nothing. Fishkeeping is such a relaxing hobby but members can get soooo intense over the silliest thing sometimes. It's nice to meet good people with common grounds across this Country and there are quite a few right on this board. :beer: