Hello

Nandopsis

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what I have left is:

3 jelly bean parrots :blush:[ I know I know!]Med.

1 mickey mouse platty[female]

4 Large jack dempseys[1 male,3 females]

2 Large tin foil barbs

1 Large lemon pleco

1 Small convict[male?]

I :heart: LOVE all these fish, and want real good people and homes.

I would like to check up on them if I can?? :cry:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey all, My names Kris, I am from ft st john northern bc, i have an aguagiant 120gal titanium with angels, 3 albino pearls, 1 marble pearl, 1 halfblack pearl, 2 marbles, 1 silver, 1 koi, 2 blue blushers, and 2 discus, a red turq and a marlboro red. also have a 15 gal loaded with tetras a couple cories, and an apple snail or 2, and a 20 gal qt, and 2 10 gals, empty at the moment. Kris.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all, my buddy told me about this site.

I'm into my planted tanks, trying to go to breeding.

I'm from a hole called Wainwright, it sucks.

I have to travel to Edmonton to get any decent fish stores.

Anyhow looking forward to getting to know you all, and learning from your genius minds!

• 5 months later...

For those of you who don't know me ........

I am a professional horticulturist with an academic background and 20 years in the buisiness. (No, I don't grow dope). I also volunteer my spare time with a few well known environmental groups writing articles, attending events, wriiting letters and of course meetings. I also spend time helping out with the Calgary Horticultural Society (I will be a guest speaker at the upcoming show on April 21 to 23 btw - everyone is invited). I also have a soft spot for animals and have no problem speaking up about animal welfare issues and a strong advocate for mental health issues.

I took a winter job and the time for me to go back to what I love to do is coming soon. It will be hard to leave because this is a very good job with a good employer.

I used to be interested in tropical fish back when I was a teenager ...... then lost interest when I found out about sex, drugs and rock and roll (I was successful but not in that order btw - LOL). Last fall Tammy (da shack up) was trying to quit smoking and I suggested instead of spending money on smokes why not try fish? Well ...... the hobby has exploded to 15 tanks, nearly 400 gallons of water and dozens of fish.

We get countless hours of enjoyment in cleaning, setting up, taking down, buying, selling and trading fish N stuff. All of our fish are in excellent health and Tammy spends countless hours making sure everyone is getting along. Truly a very good hobby and it is really nice to share it with other people. :D (Tammy is the main caregiver btw - I just tag along fer the ride). :D

This hobby fits in well with Tammy (who posts under this name btw) and I as we both have a soft spot for animals. It is truly a cruel workd out there :(

Redneck I say! (God, country, family and community are always close to my heart)

God bless

Dave :D

Edited by DAlberta

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I'm Marquita, but my parents call me Barracuda (don't ask). I live in Fort mcMurray, I've been married for just about 9 years, and I have 2 boys, aged 3 and almost 2. I haven't worked in 4 years, and have no plans on doing so anytime soon, but I used to be a dog groomer and dental office manager. Just not in the same building........

I'm new to the whole fish scene, but I'm learning quickly, and getting better at it as I go. My husband thinks I'm obsessed. I agree.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello from Fort Sask! My name is Michelle and I'm 25, been doin the fish thing for 5 years now, and like everyone else, my husband and I started out small and now our hobbie has exploded. We are mainly into S.African Cichlids and Marine fish. Good friends with Edmontonrx7 on here, and on Nex as well. Really good site!! Thanks! :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...
Hello. I'am from Edmonton.

I started this forum to get a closer feel for the community of aquarists around this area.

Please state alittle about your self and your experiences w/ fish.

Thank you for joining Alberta-Aquatica.

Hi I am from edmonton soon to move out of the city, i just started getting into fish about a year ago. i really enjoy it but i feel there is still so much for me to learn I'm excited to be a member. i have cichlids and tetras and im really enjoying them.

• 1 month later...

I come into your wonderful community, I'm giving "My two cents woth" and all without a proper introduction!

I am a rarity in Red Deer, I was born and raised here and still live here, happily at that too :D

My experience in aquaculture was a birth right as my father raised and bred many types of fish, both Fresh Water and Marine. He was only a Farmer from the Eckville area and yet his practical knowledge was amazing.

When I was 16, I began what turned into an eight year career at a LFS Called the FishBowl. The owner had a PhD in Aquatic Biology. A hard man to work for, but he took it upon himself to teach me all that he knew.

I sudied hard and eventually, I ran the store single handedly. After eight years, I felt the need to move on. It was not an easy decision to make

I still keep five tanks, four Fresh water, one Marine, and a terarrium for a coffee table which houses some Betta imbellis, white cloud minnows, weather loach, BN Pleco, and two species of dendrobates (poison dart frogs). It is neat to look at the transition between water and land and how the inhabitants use it.

I also have three tanks devoted to killi fish which are my absolute favorite family. My other freshwater tank is a 48 gal. community that is fully planted. I have clown loaches(5), Serpae, rummy nose, and Emporer tetras. Also, there are Two leporinus, 4 halfbeaks, scissortail rasbora, a zebra pleco that is 5 years old (it is the only fish I have named... ...Spot of course!). I also have some jullii corydoras, and I use three farrowellas to keep the algae down. I occasionally am treated to the sight of my banjo cat (this species of fish is surprisingly tame or it just doesn't care about anything). My marine is a 77 gal. reef and houses a pelethera of species of fish, corals, crustacea, mollusks, and other invertabrates. When I get some pics up, I list more in detail because there is quite the variety in there.

I also have a small feeder tank, quarrantine tank and hospital tank for both marine and freshwater.

This forum seems to be a well informed group that doesn't mind sharing information to both veteran and beginner members. You also seem to be open minded in your discussions. Nice.

I look forward to future discussions and topics that this group presents.

Cheers people

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, I'm from edmonton and am glad to find a forum of this caliber from Alberta!!!

I have had fish over the years but I am just getting started again.

I'm going to build a 1000gal tank next year and am trying to get as much info and contacts as

possible. I have had large tanks before: 600gal,250gal and two 150gal....

The fish I have kept in the past were, arrowanas, red tail cats, clown knifes,plecos a few africans,

red terrors,jaguars,red deils,green terrors,buterkofries,trimac's and synspilums.......

I am looking forward to this wed site. your friend, terrors r us