Hello

Nandopsis

I'm still trying to find a name for him and since he is a Koi fish i think a Japanese name would be great. I'm from edmonton and I thought getting a fish and keeping it would be fairly in expensive :wacko: :bang1: LIttle did i realize that Koi grow faster than weeds. It's blown my budget for the month allready.

I love the suggestion of Sushi!!

Another would be Takai, which means Expensive Koi.

Try Googling Koi Japanese terms . I am sure you will come up with something you like. I just referred to mine by variety.

Have fun!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone!

Well what can I say? My mom has been in the aquarium hoby for over 30 years and for as long as I can remember we have had aquariums for most of that time! She is now in Nova Scotia and here I am in Calgary. I purchased my first tanks this past January 2008 (33 gallon, 2 x 10 gallons, and a 5 gallon) and am now "hooked", lol. Since then I sold my 5 gallon to a friend and purchased a 75 gallon tank full of african cichlids and moved my 2 bala sharks into that tank along with an ice cream bucket full of cichlids that were given to me for free. Also purchased a 20 gallon tank about a week for 40-50 Red Jewels that were given to me by the same person. My 20 gallon is obviously going to be a grow out tank and I have plans to purchase a 180 and sell my 30 to the same friend that purchased my 5 gallon :)

In my 33 gallon I purchased 17 pseudotrophious demasonai, 10 selosai, and 5 blue dolphins from a forum member here known as kdpuffer. The colours are astounding on all of them! My 2 10 gallon tanks are currently full with community fish, many fancy guppies (60-70), about 5-6 neon tetras, 5-6 zebra danios, and finally a red and white jumbo ruyukin.

Like many people who get into this hoby, it is addicting, entertaining, and relaxing. It has been bring me a great deal of pleasure! I am hoping to get my new job as an Apple technician on wednesday and will be purchasing the biggest possible tank I can fit into my main floor appartment :)

Thats enough of my chatter! Hoping to be a long time member of the forums and will try to provide my assistance and knowledge when I can.

Rick.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi my name is Lisa, I am trying to get a nice Cichlid tank going, I bought a tank which came with 6 Cichlids, however of them I only like one...so am wanting to sell or trade the others...the problem is I dont know what they all are.

I would love help to find fish that are compatable with each other...here are some that I am looking at

Sunburst Peacock, Festivum, Damasoni, Elect. Yellow and Borellii, I want the colors of these fish, I want orange, yellow, blue and even a nice green...please help me.

If you have a larger Cichlid that you might want to sell that you think would fit in my tank please send me a line, I am keeping my cobalt Blue red top he is 6", what I have is Snow White Socofli for sale or trade 4", I think a Aequidens Latifrons (looks like one anyway) I have another two that I cant think what they are, one is black with a yellow band, the other has black vertical strips with a black under bellie, in certain light where he looks more pink he has a blue hue to him...all these are 4" and Im looking to trade them for fish of more color...or sell them either way.

Lisa

Hi I am Johnett I live in NC I have 5 discus now just bought 3 more yesterday. I have been like a sponge reading about them. My husband bought one because it was pretty and that is what started our new addiction LOL They are all doing fantastic. Can't wait to see and talk discus with some of you. :smokey:

Johnett

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I am from Sherwood Park. I am new to AA. I have 4 tanks. A 125 Gallon, 55 Gallon 33 Gallon, and a 20 Gallon that i use for my hospital tank. My girl friend has a 210 Gallon tank and a 15 Gallon. We both are big fish enthusiasts and look forward to joining the community!

Sean

• 2 months later...

Hello. I'm not quite sure if this is where I put this or not... :D

Anyways... Hi! I've come over to the dark side - salt - from freshwater and goldfish for 8 years. I have a 55 gallon marine tank (57lbs live rock, coming along nicely with coralline algae all over it) and five blue-green chromis. They've been alive for two weeks now - hooray! :) I set this tank up with the LR at the beginning of December, it also has some snails and blue leg hermit crabs. Loving it so far - Having good luck. Pleased to be here!

Edited by Navigator

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've come over to the dark side

I've come from the other side of the globe (perchance, anyone from Kyrgyzstan? :))

I've got 44 g tank, freshwater, never had saltwater, but admire those who can do it...

love convicts... going to have rams and severums

I'm from a little far north of you, Russia :)