Need advice....

TheGr8Blade

With all this talk about heaters, I just thought I would ask. I recently aquired a 2.2g acrylic aquarium. I was wondering if anyone knows what size heater I should get? What kind of heater I should (that won't melt the tank)? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Found this one

http://www.petdiscounters.com/product.php?...t=346&page=

Would this work? Can we buy these here?

Thanks!

Placing a heating pad under the tank, set on low might do the trick.

Not a good idea....far too many potential hazards, especially as that is not the intended use of such a pad.

Hagen's Elite submersible 25W heaters are your answer....have one in my daughter's 2 gallon betta tank...works a treat.

I personally like the 7.5 watt submersible heater pad for small tanks. You can pick them up at Pisces for $15 or so. I have never seen them anywhere else. Definately worth it though as they don't take up any room.

I personally like the 7.5 watt submersible heater pad for small tanks. You can pick them up at Pisces for $15 or so. I have never seen them anywhere else. Definately worth it though as they don't take up any room.

I have seen them at Petland

With all this talk about heaters, I just thought I would ask. I recently aquired a 2.2g acrylic aquarium. I was wondering if anyone knows what size heater I should get? What kind of heater I should (that won't melt the tank)? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Found this one

http://www.petdiscounters.com/product.php?...t=346&page=

Would this work? Can we buy these here?

Thanks!

I've used 25w and 50w Eheim Jagers in 2g tanks without any cause for alarm, also the Jagers won't melt plastic tanks.