George

AriahJade

Hello all,

I would like everyone to meet George. My new baby red tailed cat.

Thank you so much to Colby of Elite Aquatic in Calgary for bringing this little fellow in. All you folks down there should stop bye for a visit. I found him very knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. George arrived extremely healthy and did not have the typical body scars or infections i normally see.

Anyways,

Here is George

Baby_George_1.bmp

Congrats on the cat...he looks great.

I am not sure where you usually see scars and infections....we get in a couple of batches of 3" RTCs at Riverfront each year, and none ever have any scarring or infections...only the larger WC cats seem to, but I do not know anyone that carries those anymore.

I hate the word, but the little guy is CUTE. He's like if puppies and kittens could have babies! And they stay that way too. Its hard to look into a red-tailed's eyes and be mad after it just cleaned out your tank.

Enjoy him for life, Rose.

I hate the word, but the little guy is CUTE. He's like if puppies and kittens could have babies! And they stay that way too.

I dunno if a 6' long, 150lb vacuum can be described as 'cute'.....'cool' mebbe, but 'cute'? LOL

That's just cute in a BIG way.

um... where are you putting the potentially HUMONGEOUS George? gotta pool? man... i would give my hubbys left nut for a pool full of fish... :bow:

um... where are you putting the potentially HUMONGEOUS George? gotta pool? man... i would give my hubbys left nut for a pool full of fish... :bow:

At the moment George is in a 48 gallon, when he gets a little bigger he will move to a 120g and next year he will have an indoor pond after the house is built. :)

At the moment George is in a 48 gallon, when he gets a little bigger he will move to a 120g and next year he will have an indoor pond after the house is built.

It's quite possible that "next year" won't be quick enough for that cat. You might want to source something to keep him in when he outgrows the 120 before he moves to the pond.

At the moment George is in a 48 gallon, when he gets a little bigger he will move to a 120g and next year he will have an indoor pond after the house is built.

It's quite possible that "next year" won't be quick enough for that cat. You might want to source something to keep him in when he outgrows the 120 before he moves to the pond.

Believe it or not i am a woman of many talents. hehe. I'm halfway through my masters in gardening and landscape design. I can build an indoor pond in less than a week if need be hehe. I already have a corner in my current dwelling selected if the need arises. Unfortunately George will however just have to live with about a 2or 300 g pond until i build the 1500.

i would hesitate to call an rtc cute.

but if you can provide the means to kinda max one out, that is just awesome. do it. i'd just be wary of an rtc appetite over a life time. $$$ good luck

Thank god for lucky 97 and T&T supermarket. You can buy cheap live food or dead. Its meant for humans but my fish dont complain. :) Then i also have somewhere usefull for the millions of baby shubunkins and sarasas i end up with every spring from my outdoor pond. Better than convincing friends to let me build them a pond and take 100 off my hands! And much less work!

I am in love with George!!!

I never thought of the 97 market or TandT for food!

Although WEM is far from where I am.

Good tip, I am really dumb for not thinking of going there!

Goof luck with George, and keep the pics coming, we wanna see the growth with him!