What a cool looking fish

FishBrain

Just got two of these guys today. I figure the post goes here. (mods will move if I am wrong)

Pantodon buchholzi (African Butterfly Fish)

http://www.aquahobby.com/gallery/e_pantodon.php

I will post pics of my own in a few days when they have settled in

Thanks Again Colby.

I remember seeing those guys they were difficult to keep due to water conditions and food requirements.

A co-worker of mine had one. He got great enjoyment out of it by dropping live insects into the tank and watching it attack. Keep a tight lid on the tank as they will jump, as my friend found out.

For sure, Matt, drop in some bugs and watch the carnage. Enjoy!

I have no worries about it jumping out as this tank is sealed!

I am planning on picking up some crickets today and see what happens.

My only concern at this moment is the snakeheads might think thay are food because they are surface dwellers and when feeding the SH last night one of them did take a shot at the butterflt but wasn't fast enough.

I think my SH have turned into wussies

They are very cool. I've wanted one forever but have never had a tank it'll be ok in. I'm debating putting one in the ray tank, because the rays don't really hunt anything anyway and the butterfly fish will be at the top anyway.

Thats the tenk colby grabbed them from for me. I think he still has one left in another tank. Looks like I have to move them because the Snakeheads are trying to take shots at them daily. They are going into my bowfront now. Should have a pic later today of mine

I have had those before.

They are cool to watch when they eat crickets.

Didn't do well in my tank with the rays cause rays need lots of water movement where as ABF don't like alot of movement.

They are cool to watch though!

• 1 month later...
Thinking of getting these guys to go with my P. pulcher. Should be a good fit as they as both from west africa

Natures corner got some in last week.

Thinking of getting these guys to go with my P. pulcher. Should be a good fit as they as both from west africa

Natures corner got some in last week.

I know. I was there checking them out a couple times this week already.