Fish room

Sam Chicklets

Room looks great! I wish I had a cement floor around my 'fish room', would definitely make things much easier and less hassle (currently lug around carpet scraps that I put under every tank as I work on them, along with the mandatory towels).

Just one question though, aren't you worried about the wood stand weakening after being outside for so long? I don't know a thing about wood and it's strength, but that would just be a concern of mine.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just one question though, aren't you worried about the wood stand weakening after being outside for so long? I don't know a thing about wood and it's strength, but that would just be a concern of mine.

When I originaly built it it was with treated lumber and exterior paint.

Another update.

5g with 3 or 4 dwarf honey gourami fry, I think I lost one somehow.and 2 corydoras habrosus

frupdaet3.jpg

33g with 2 firemouth and a bunch of convicts.

frupdate2.jpg

20g tall with 2 large angels and 2 large silver dollars. Just picked up tonight tank fish and accesories.

newaddition001.jpg

frupdate1.jpg

frupdate4.jpg

Update on fishroom I almost have everything on this side of the room set up.

The glass tops I've been building.

update001.jpg

update002.jpg

More tanks set up

update005.jpg

These 2 tanks are 33g but the one on the left was bowing quite a bit when I filled it. So I put a strut in the middle of both of them.

update006.jpg

There is a 10g tank still to go on the top shelf, and a 20g tall to go on the bottom shelf. my next project is to build a rack for the 2 50g tanks on the other side of the room.

Lookin' really good. Do you use sand in most of your tanks for a specific reason?

Yes for several reasons.

first the mulm and detritus stays on top and you don't get bad bacteria build up in it.

Second is the plants root in it easily.

Third skittish fish can't cut or scrape themselves or damage the tank like they can when they freak out.

Fourth too me it looks more natural than the colored gravel

And last the fry don't get lodged in it.

Edited by Sam Chicklets

Yes, a chair is wonderful! I just got out of my fishroom, where I was for the last 1.5 hrs just sitting and watching. :)