Should the group vote in member banning???

Vote yes or no  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After all the PM's I get about other members, do you think it's fair to hold a poll, set by the admins on whether the group would be better off without a disruptive member? I see this on other boards and although seldomly used, the fact that I have seen it means that it is used on occassion. This is to say that after a few warnings and temporary bannings an admin would set a vote as to whether the trouble maker would be dismissed permanently or not. This is fair i think in the sense that even the trouble maker is allowed to vote for himself to stay on the island so to speak. I also think this allows more fairness over all instead of just banning someone for shits and giggles or atleast that is what other members might believe. The poll should never have to come up after a few warnings but according to my PM's it may be a good step to take on occassion, voice you're opinion now.

not necessarily true since there are many people on the web today who have to get someone to turn on their computers for them it seems. It seems that once behind the mask of a screen name many people become brave or stupid we have had members banned on this site and the temporary fix seemed to do nothing for them, I am speaking of a permanent ban for people like that. Thanks for you're vote.....

I would think that if the folks in admin don't have enough common sense to know when to remove overly disruptive members, then perhaps they ought not be in admin.

As long as rules & regs aren't being broken, I don't see the need for suspensions.

I'm obviously missing all of these disruptive comments that you're receiving complaints about.

I agree with that comment. I'm sorry, but if you don't know when a member should be banned, stop moderating. Sure, post for advice, ask the admin in the beginning, but after a while, you should know what is acceptable and what is not.

I am just simply passing on a suggestion not imposing a law, anyways it sounds like some like it and some don't, no wonder Ralph Klein is in charge, it is obvious that no one in Alberta votes except him hahahahahaha. Man I miss that guy's great BS.

I also voted no

I dont' think it should be up to regular members to decide who gets banned. I do think that members input should be listened to and be taken into consideration but i think that the admins are quite capable of dealing with the disruptive members.

I do think that rahim's idea of maybe discussing it with all the mods and admins before anything is finalized is a good idea.

After all the PM's I get about other members, do you think it's fair to hold a poll, set by the admins on whether the group would be better off without a disruptive member?

In all honesty, this looks like a witch hunt to me. People are complaining about a certain member, so with not enough evidence to back it up, let's put a poll to the members and ask them to create a majority to boot this member.

Just what would specifically be called disruptive? Having a different opinion? And do we want all the members to have different opinons of disruptive and be voting on it?

Let's say I decide that I don't like someone on this board, and suddenly, to my joy, there is a poll asking if we should ban this member. Whatdaya think I'm going to say?

If you aren't sure about banning someone, perhaps some guidelines for moderators should be put in place. Including what exactly should be considered for banning.....

JMO,

Dunl

Another thing to keep in mind is that some users are far more active on this site than others, and the vast majority of registered members will most likely not vote on *any* issue, let alone one that involves suspending a member.

Currently there are 189 registered users on this site

total votes in this poll so far = 13

I agree with dunl, it sounds to me like admin needs to put some general guidelines in place for what should involve a warning PM, and/or a permanent suspension.

I'd also like to say that I think Jay has a good handle on this site, and if there's

any voting to be done, I vote that Jay is the only person that should be handing out permanent suspensions.