Need Too Know

skotttie100

Hey peopple, just found a great looking pair today, good size too them but as usal the young one working in the LFS new more about the MP3 player she had on then the fish I was buying, picked up 2 of these and would like identifie them, and the second picture is of the lsame fish in my last post, I was asked for a clear picture so hear they are.

Should add that I am asking about the one on the left in the first Picture,

Thanks for any help.

Scottie

Edited by skotttie100

Thanks for the help African Fev, it was very usefull, as for the one on the right in the first picture is that not an OB Peacock? I was told at the time of purchase so would just like to find out for sure, and yes the other ones wear identified but was messaged and asked for a better picture so I tried to clean it up a bit

Hey Thanks, i was able too track it down and you wear correct with the OB Zebra from what I can see, as for the other fish it looks like I have 2 Males, so I will be looking for some females I didnt know of these till today and they are a really nice looking fish so just might trying too breed them, finnally have my tanks re-aranged to stop the bastard Hybrids falling out all over.

Well I hope this doesn't burst any bubbles, but I'd be willing to bet $$$ that your OB "zebra", are actually OB peacock x mbuna cross. If you looked in the "mixed African" tank on the back wall, there was a superb OB zebra juvie. If you compare the two fish, you'll see what I mean.

Hey Scott, it appears that I may have been wrong about the OB's. Certainly a somewhat different looking strain, but they appear to be correct in form. (I was looking at them more closely today)

If you are looking for female M. greshakei to go with your 2 males, there's a bunch of them in that same tank.

Sorry for any confusion that I may have caused. :blush: