What could go with my rays?

jf0019

Arowannas can go with them

"Clean up crew".......Really good filtration!

Retics stay small though for long!

Are the finkist of the rays for eating!

Get a rapheal cat or two for help in the clean up.

Be Very Wary on the plecs though, as I am sure you know some types are attracted to slim coat.

What are you feeding them and how big are they?

"Clean up crew".......Really good filtration!

Retics stay small though for long!

Are the finkist of the rays for eating!

Get a rapheal cat or two for help in the clean up.

Be Very Wary on the plecs though, as I am sure you know some types are attracted to slim coat.

What are you feeding them and how big are they?

I am feeding them earthworms, krill, and bloodworms. They are about 4". Where can I get this cat?

I am feeding them earthworms, krill, and bloodworms. They are about 4". Where can I get this cat?

Striped Raphaels are pretty common. You can find them almost anywhere. I don't know the Calgary stores all that well but I know that PetSmart, PJ's and BA carries them up here in Edmonton.

In addition to striped, I've also seen the spotted and marbled species too. If you need care info, check out PlanetCatfish.

it depends on the size and types of rays. i currently have two motoros and i used to keep mine with a bunch of clown loaches and two royal plecos. i now have them with some raphiel cats, a pair of tukishen? cats and a whack of other south aricans. the trick is to keep a close eye on how they react and get along with each other. i even had frontosas with them for a couple of months. i would mix the stingrays and fish on a day you have plenty of time to watch them mingle. if you have any in mind you could always post and see if you get anyone with experiece on that combination.

I agree watching them is really important Dalray stated he keeps rays with discus and i've lost rays to discus before they picked them to death they weren't Motoros which have thicker skin but it shows how close you should watch them with other tank mates. I have had good luck with medium sized clown loaches.

• 1 month later...

There are alot of combinations that are possible but like stated above just watch closely for awhile. Currently I have needlenose gar, clown knife, king kong parrot, panaque pleco and frontosa. I have heard bichirs can also make good tank mates. Just make sure the fish are smaller than the rays and not to small to fit in it's mouth. It also helps if your feeding alot to cut down on aggresson.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Would some of the larger tetras be OK? I'm thinking of Congos, Black skirts, or maybe some rainbows...

I am guessing Cardinals, rasboras and the like would just be dinner.

Would some of the larger tetras be OK? I'm thinking of Congos, Black skirts, or maybe some rainbows...

I am guessing Cardinals, rasboras and the like would just be dinner.

If you wanted schooling fish then Denisoni barbs would be better. They would be big enough to not become dinner. A bit pricey though...