where in Edmonton for custom

devocole

With aquarium designs I'd go with acrylic if it was cheaper(which it is at larger volumes and some smaller onces when talking custom) The key with acryllic is it can scratch easily BUT it's a breeze to buff out and they have the supplies there to do it(cheap diy) PLUS a LIFETIME guarentee of NO LEAKAS. Starfire glass + Custom = well.... $$$$$$

Good luck with the search and choices

L

i've found riverfront to be the cheapest for glass tanks, by far. not sure about starfire though. think you'll need a weelbarrel full of loonies no matter where ya go.

I heard Concept Aquariums went out of business (actually I know they did) and they are now buying tanks from Bow Valley Aquariums

Bow Valley also supplies all the tanks to Riverfront Aquariums as well.

Lol go to Bow Valley if you'd like, Mitch is the worst tank builder out there. Also, I don't know where you get your info, but Concept is alive and well. I work there. We're currently looking for a new shop. You should know your facts before you talk. :boxer:

With aquarium designs I'd go with acrylic if it was cheaper(which it is at larger volumes and some smaller onces when talking custom) The key with acryllic is it can scratch easily BUT it's a breeze to buff out and they have the supplies there to do it(cheap diy) PLUS a LIFETIME guarentee of NO LEAKAS. Starfire glass + Custom = well.... $$$$$$

L

Starphire glass isn't that bad. It's still cheaper than acrylic, and if you ask me looks nicer.

Starfire glass is nice however the clarity of Acrylic is right up there....

I will never buy another big tank made of glass.... the acrylic is lifetime / and not like it was long ago / scratches rarely happen if they do they are easly repaired... glass it is next to impossible to repair... glass weighs a ton and hard to move... my 6 foot acrylic was moved by my wife of a 110lbs and myself ... and we have all seen the pictures of broken glass pains of glass and silicon detrieration on glass tanks...

IMO after having my Acrylic tank for a year pluss now I think it is the way to go for all of the above reasons pluss several I didnt list //

Lol go to Bow Valley if you'd like, Mitch is the worst tank builder out there. Also, I don't know where you get your info, but Concept is alive and well. I work there. We're currently looking for a new shop. You should know your facts before you talk. :boxer
:

I actually work for Bow Valley and it was yesterday that we bought out all the remaining items off the owner of Concept, that is all the stuff that the recievers of the company allowed us to buy.

Edited by fish4fun

id go to aquarium designs, i know the guy that owns the shop, and i use to work with the guy who works their.. if you go talk to brian drop the name sarah and he might give you a deal, dought it but its worth a try..

they do great work their if im ever able to do custom that is where i am going!!!

i've found riverfront to be the cheapest for glass tanks, by far. not sure about starfire though. think you'll need a weelbarrel full of loonies no matter where ya go.

I heard Concept Aquariums went out of business (actually I know they did) and they are now buying tanks from Bow Valley Aquariums

Lol go to Bow Valley if you'd like, Mitch is the worst tank builder out there. Also, I don't know where you get your info, but Concept is alive and well. I work there. We're currently looking for a new shop. You should know your facts before you talk. :boxer:

L

Starphire glass isn't that bad. It's still cheaper than acrylic, and if you ask me looks nicer.

Lol go to Bow Valley if you'd like, Mitch is the worst tank builder out there. Also, I don't know where you get your info, but Concept is alive and well. I work there. We're currently looking for a new shop. You should know your facts before you talk. :boxer
:

I actually work for Bow Valley and it was yesterday that we bought out all the remaining items off the owner of Concept, that is all the stuff that the recievers of the company allowed us to buy.

So witch one is it? I know that web site is down, but I would dought they would close since they are owned by Aquarium illusions and they are still alive a nd kicking.

L

:

So witch one is it? I know that web site is down, but I would dought they would close since they are owned by Aquarium illusions and they are still alive a nd kicking.

Aqurium Illusions and Concept have nothing to do with each other, besides having the same owners. Concept is currently looking for a new warehouse.

Aqurium Illusions and Concept have nothing to do with each other, besides having the same owners. Concept is currently looking for a new warehouse

I find that funny as bow valley aquariums bought all thier stock this week.

Whats funnier is that they has to take thier own glass cutting tools and straight edges because the recievers had already taken them all from Concept.

They will now be ordering tanks from bow valley....lol

Aqurium Illusions and Concept have nothing to do with each other, besides having the same owners. Concept is currently looking for a new warehouse

I find that funny as bow valley aquariums bought all thier stock this week.

Whats funnier is that they has to take thier own glass cutting tools and straight edges because the recievers had already taken them all from Concept.

They will now be ordering tanks from bow valley....lol

We have 70 tanks "sitting" there, and there yours? I don't think so? Whats so funny about someone buying tanks from bow valley? It'd be funny if everyone stopped buying tanks there and put you out of a job. It'd sure shut you up.

Edited by Parachromis1

I know someone who works next door to concept and they are clearing everything out to make room for a new business. the owner is staying put but investing in something different than aquariums and this kind of business. these guys did a very good job and it is sad to see them get of it. however I know they will be successfull in their new industry.

With aquarium designs I'd go with acrylic if it was cheaper(which it is at larger volumes and some smaller onces when talking custom) The key with acryllic is it can scratch easily BUT it's a breeze to buff out and they have the supplies there to do it(cheap diy) PLUS a LIFETIME guarentee of NO LEAKS. Starfire glass + Custom = well.... $$$$$$

L

1 (OT) That wasn't a very nice thing to say

2 Acrylic IS cheaper at the larger volumes than even the petsmart or Aqua Giant tanks. Compared to Aquarium Illusion tanks i'm sure some of the lower volumes are even on par in terms of price.

3. Depending on who you talk to acrylic is either better or as good as glass in terms of clarity. It's a matter of preference. Aquarium Designs has a few acryic set ups and a Pretty Fluval Glass set up if you want to do some comparing. Personally i would LOVE one of their Framed Picture Aquariums.

I'm curious as to what you want built.

good luck

L

Edited by Ishkabod

With aquarium designs I'd go with acrylic if it was cheaper(which it is at larger volumes and some smaller onces when talking custom) The key with acryllic is it can scratch easily BUT it's a breeze to buff out and they have the supplies there to do it(cheap diy) PLUS a LIFETIME guarentee of NO LEAKS. Starfire glass + Custom = well.... $$$$$$

L

1 (OT) That wasn't a very nice thing to say

2 Acrylic IS cheaper at the larger volumes than even the petsmart or Aqua Giant tanks. Compared to Aquarium Illusion tanks i'm sure some of the lower volumes are even on par in terms of price.

3. Depending on who you talk to acrylic is either better or as good as glass in terms of clarity. It's a matter of preference. Aquarium Designs has a few acryic set ups and a Pretty Fluval Glass set up if you want to do some comparing. Personally i would LOVE one of their Framed Picture Aquariums.

I'm curious as to what you want built.

good luck

L

She already purchased the tank from us. You should do some looking around before you talk as well, we do this for a living.