I love this fish but have no idea what it is- Help please!

krazy_Karma

Well earlier tonight I was searching fish, and came to this picture of a Cichlid, though I have no idea what it is, but think it is gorgeous, and was hoping it would be one I could add to my tank.

also if anyone knows of a nice green Cichlid I would sure appreciate it, right now I have:

Electric Yellow

Acei

Red Zebra

Sunburst Peacock

Demonsoni

Eureka Red

Thank you all for all the help and information, very much appreciated

Did it start off yellow, or has it been this color for a while? To me it looks like a male coming into dominance... Ps. saulosi go thru this color change, and so do Ps. elongatus types... and many others.

I don' t know of any adult fish with that coloration. I agree with Jvision that it might be a male getting its adult coloring but I dont' know what species. The colors do look a bit weird though. I've never seen a fish that neon pink before.

Also, there isn't really a good green africans. There is some africans with a slight green sheen to them but thats about it.

looks like shape of a zebra does it not?

can cichlids be dyed b/c there is albino zebras...

Or some babys are hormone induced as babys and improves their colour for rest of their life (but messes with there reproductive system i think) ( steriod fish I like to refer to them as...I had a few but traded them back)

Edited by super fish

I just did a google search for pink cichlid... and it looks like this is a pink convict cichlid...

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt..._CA218%26sa%3DN

It does not say it is dyed, but I am guessing it is... but I know nothing...l

Lana

Definitely not a pink convict. There are pink convicts - basically the same as the grey/black convicts, except in the xantheic form (no black pigments). I think it's just a crappy pic of a male African getting its mature color.

While I was surfing today I seen an orange that looked like it was transforming its colors, I highlighted the name and put it into google and found what I think was the fish, however I had to shut down my puter and I lost that damn site, it had this guy with a slew of orange fish, they did not call it a red zebra or anything like that they gave a scientific name now the second part of the name I beleive started with an "M"... darn computer.

But yes it did look like this fish just not so bright, now I have seen many fish through color based on the lighting and the background they were in, so it is my belief that this is what happened with this fish...gads now to find that darn site again.

Ive been to so many sites this last while I will never find it Im sure