Hello from a fish addict... lol

Mollyfish700

Hello,

Let me introduce myself. My name is Molly.

I used to have a lot of tanks and after the big power outage :boom: a couple years ago was so discouraged :cry: that only had our goldfish (the only ones who lived through the snowstorm and 52 hour power failure) until recently. We just shut down our tanks and I went into a deep fish depression :cry: , I had so many beautiful fish and they had all died but a handful of goldfish.

A friend suggested this site as a sort of pick me up and I visted a few times, was impressed by the wealth of knowledge and now here I am!

I have restarted some tanks and well I guess it is going great. Really missed my fish and will once again try to get some of the fish I lost again.

Thanks for listening and a big hello to all you other fish addicts.......................lol

Welcome.

The Aquarium Addicts self help group meet regularly. help yourself to the free advice, cheap equipment and livestock... :)

Thank you for the welcome,

I lost soo many fish (16 tanks) (told you I am addicted!) I had Cichlids many different kinds ,Angelfish, Discus, a few community tanks, A pair of Red bellied Pirahnas, a small Arowana, some fancy golfish, Pacus and My favorite Blue crayfish with there 31 babies :cry: .. I was into everything I could find. Having broke up my back, hip and shoulder in a car accident it was my little hobby to keep myself busy . I tear up just typing this. I felt so horrible just watching them die, we could not get a generator anywhere and were snowed in. We stayed in the house with the fish untill the power came on, they were wrapped in blankets and we tried so hard to keep them warm, even heated water on a small kerosene heater, but it was off for too long, the ones that pulled through not including the goldfishhad been so stressed they all died. Ok I am crying about dead fish, sorry I will get away from that subject. Yes I cry over fish.

I have eight tanks with fish now, with a 110 gallon cycling .

We have been very lucky and gotten a pair of convicts that are now 63 convicts.. lol, We have three Jack Dempsy, a nasy Jaguar Cichlid who is 10 inches. A saltwater tank with clownfish and hermit crabs, a guppy tank with lots of babies. A comunity tank full of Tetras, Mollies, Platys and miscleaneous unwated fish we have picked up in the last couple months, a pair of Firemouth Cichlids, Nine Frontosa, three Discus and one Angelfish, plus the golfish who survived that are now eight inches plus.

The next tank is Cichlids , not sure what types yet, just starting to look any suggestions would be great!

I will quit rambling and look forward to meeting a few more fish people. Sorry if this is too much for a post, never been part of a group on the computer, not real sure how this all works.

Well you'll have no problem filling up those tanks here especially with people like fairdeal and sam chicklets and jason with his plants.

Welcome to the forum you wont be sad for long if you stay here.

:welcome:

To AA, I am sorry for your losses. I am sure anywhere else if you told people you were crying over fish they would think you belonged in a loney bin, but here... I think we can all relate...

I can only imagine how helpless you must of felt.

I am new to fish completely, so I don't have the amount of tanks you have, but if I had a house I could be dangerous... between my horses and fish addictions I am very broke...haha.

I would love to see photos of your fish and tank setups...

Lana

:welcome: Welcome to Alberta Aquatica!

Please do not think that crying over your lost fish is silly - they all have their own personalities and we connect with them.

I understand where you are coming from because I got back into the hobby big time when I broke my leg near my knee and caring for my fish is something I can do.

I hope you enjoy your time on this forum, the people here are incredible. Psst - pictures of your fish and tanks are always welcome :)

I have kept my tank on a battery backup. The kind you get at a computer store. now if it can run a 500watt computer for 4 hours... I wonder how long it could run an aquarium for(minus the light). There is a second type I've seen where you can hook car batteries up to. Just a thought but if you've got a few $1000 in fish, about $50-70 per backup to keep filters going isn't that much.