Your FAVORITE Small Tank Fish

Boom

Endler's Livebearers. I had about 30 in a 20 gallon tank before I moved them to my 90 gallon.

Males are very brightly coloured. There is always movement in the tank. Males are chasing females, baby endlers are swimming around/hiding in plants. There are plenty of baby fish / juvi fish / older fish. its neat to see endlers at different stages in development. If your tank has good flow they will swim in the current. They will feed off the surface, and off the bottom, will eat some algae.

http://www.aquariumhobbyist.com/endlerslivebearer/

Edited by timmyg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Juvenile plakat bettas, wild bettas, BN and young platies, mollies, swords and guppies. The young bettas are okay together and have great colour. Wild bettas like to stare at you!! The young livebearers are always hungry so they're at the front.The BN are great at keeping the algae at bay. I'm a small tank fan!!

These Rasboras are harder to find than any other Rasbora (in Calgary at least). I sold mine off after not being able to buy more after 2 yrs of local hunting. Sure miss them though. I raised my WC Angel with them and he never ate one of them. I wouldn't put them with large Angels though.

Tammy

They were selling these fish last weekend at Petland in Shawnessy as well as the cobalt ones! Man were they Super cool...they were alomst sold out by Sunday!

My favorites are:

Betta's and Shrimp, Crystal Reds and Black Crystals.. if I could get more I would have quite the selection.. no room presently...

Betta each one is different, not two are the same, they have personality and they are unique... they jump for their foods.. they like your company even wag their tails when you walk into a room... some even growl (flare at you when you come up to their tank) Some will find a reflection and flare at themselves...

They are tough and let you know how tough they are... great pet!!

Shrimp are unique, and colorful.. interesting... small so you can have plenty in a 10 gal tank... :thumbs:

I have a tiny aquarium with two female PK bettas (one is metallic blue the other red) and they come to the front everytime we go by to see them, and they even have a tonne of color! I also have a dozen galaxy Rasboras that my roomate decided to donate to me (lol). They look like little trout! Very easy to take care of...I like 'em!

I second the Green fire Tetras. They are interesting looking and very good schoolers.

I second the Endlers for a small tank, as they are small, very energetic. Don't school much but are all busy individually searching and scouring. I really enjoy them in my 5 gallon.

Nothin new sorry

Pretty much any of the smaller rasbora or danio species is perfect for a tank that size. I love the look of Celestial Pearl Danios and the bets rasboras are the dwarfs IMO. Microrasbora kubotai is striking.

Wild bettas (Betta smaragdina, B. imbellis...) are definitely great fish, and don't overlook mouthbrooding types (B. pi, B. pugnax...). The best betta species available, B. macrostoma is a mouthbrooder, but don't consider it unless you have upwards of $200 to spare!! Other labyrinth fishes to consider are dwarf gourami and most of all, Chocolate Gourami.

I love small loaches for a small tank too. Any Kuhli Loach species is great. Zebra Loaches or Schistura sp. are awesome too.

I think there are more options for tanks 10-30 Gallons than for any other size!