Electric yellow fry control

Give em to me ^_^ I'll grow them out then sell them and we can split the profit 50/50. I don't live far from you so it should be easy. The only other thing i can think of is removing the males or the females OR to keep the fry count down you'll need a small fish that can get into all the cracks and crannies so i wonder if synodontis petricola 1 inchers would work and if they would eat the fry.

I wish i could help more

L

I also have yellow labs that breed like crazy but if I let them spit in the main tank i've never had a fry survive. I have 9 syno petricola in that tank so that might also help with the fry control.

Do you have any synos in the tank? Multies or the petricolas should help.

Its the Mexican Lace rock Leon... many little holes for them to go into to... I have petricola in the tank as well... they dont seem to control the fry either..

I think I may have an idea that may work after looking at Toms suggestion...

I have a juvenile Goldhead Compressiceps.... maybe he would fit the bill and do the task at hand...

Any thoughts on this?

Edited by corrosionjerry

Give em to me ^_^ I'll grow them out then sell them and we can split the profit 50/50. I don't live far from you so it should be easy. The only other thing i can think of is removing the males or the females OR to keep the fry count down you'll need a small fish that can get into all the cracks and crannies so i wonder if synodontis petricola 1 inchers would work and if they would eat the fry.

I wish i could help more

L

Hey Lisa... I only see a couple right now.... but you know what if you want some Protomelas sp. "Steveni Taiwan" fry maybe we should talk... I have about 8 of these fry that I saved and are about 1 month old and are about 3/4" ... let me know if your interested...

Ctenapoma acutirostre (Leopard bush fish) / Has anyone seen any of these around in the LFS etc.

Thanks Tom for the suggestion... it may be the answer..

I saw some at Big Al's in Calgary. Spencer also had some on his list for $25.00ea (wild). It was total accident that I got these. The LFS in Morinville had some come in with there order, and he did'nt have a clue what they were. I was kind enough to take them off his hands. At $7.50ea I could'nt pass it up. The smallest one is about 2" and the largest of the 3 is pushing 4". You might want to try Big Al's in Edmonton, they won't be no $7.50ea tho.

I have two Ctenapoma acutirostre (Leopard bush fish) that I got from Spencer. Any fry that will fit in their mouth are gone within a day or so of being added to the tank. These fish are amazing because of how wide their mouths can open and the way they hunt. They look extremely lazy and sort of "float" around the tank - until the fish or invertebrate is within grasp - and then watch out!

Hope this helps.

I have two Ctenapoma acutirostre (Leopard bush fish) that I got from Spencer. Any fry that will fit in their mouth are gone within a day or so of being added to the tank. These fish are amazing because of how wide their mouths can open and the way they hunt. They look extremely lazy and sort of "float" around the tank - until the fish or invertebrate is within grasp - and then watch out!

Hope this helps.

I see there are some on your group order list Leopard bush fish

Edited by Moutain Dew