Betta Breeders/Sellers in the Edmonton Area?

NomiDemekin

Helloo everyone. I've been keeping an eye out for a betta to inhabit my 10 gallon planted tank, and I was wondering if anyone here sold bettas, or knew a good source for bettas in Edmonton?

I've been throwing around the idea of ordering a betta from aquabid, but I would much rather buy one from someone in Canada, and dodge the shipping fee's. I think I've seen a few people on here who sell bettas.

Helloo everyone. I've been keeping an eye out for a betta to inhabit my 10 gallon planted tank, and I was wondering if anyone here sold bettas, or knew a good source for bettas in Edmonton?

I've been throwing around the idea of ordering a betta from aquabid, but I would much rather buy one from someone in Canada, and dodge the shipping fee's. I think I've seen a few people on here who sell bettas.

Give blackmumba a pm

J

I am a betta breeder in the Edmonton area, what specifically are you looking for ?

PM me, I am sure I have something your looking for..

I have added some pictures to our website not all colorations are available you will have to ask if a color strain is avail at this moment.

But you can get a good idea of the selection, not all colors are shown... I have much much more! :thumbs:

GillsNFins website site

• 1 year later...

if you aren't looking for a super fancy betta and just want to go with either a veil or crown tail variety, the petsmart at whitemud and 17 street has some nice ones in just about all the time. i've picked up two myself from there and am quite happy with them. no health issues with them at all, even though they are kept in those lil cups til sale time.

here's my latest pick up - just got him this past thursday.

post-3194-0-20606900-1294609830_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to barge in here, but PJ's on Calgary trail sometimes has some nice bettas... don't know if you're looking for males or females, but sometimes they have some plakat females, gorgeous doubletails, the occasional delta, and even rosetails. Coloring ranges from the regular mutt/mismatched mix of colors, to solid melanos, dragons, marble cellophanes, dalmations, butterflies, etc... The deltas and rosetails are more expensive ($15 and up) but they don't charge you for the colors. Doubletails are $13.99, if you like that variety.

Unfortunately, there are a few health issues, the majority of which are very easy to treat- ich is not uncommon, but parasites, in the many fish I've purchased from that store, are scarce.

Yeah I agree PJS on calgary trail seems to have the nicest ones. They have had every type at different times. Last week I saw a lot of new double tails and dragon coloring. Plus last week they were all on sale for 2.99 or 3.99 I think (not females though sad.gif )

HOWEVER I picked a very exotic half moon melano out of their big planted tank (above the tank with all the plants) and he had a serious parasite infection. I wouldn't buy any fish from that ***tank*** again because of the type of parasite it is very difficult to treat and I feel very certain they do not have the ability and will not treat the tank for it (because of the type of parasite only). That being said I recommend the bettas at this PJS.

The Petsmart (fairly close) has cheaper females but they all seem to be veil tale when I have looked.

I am thinking next time I go to Calgary I will have to see what Ms. fishclubgirl has available!

There just might be some HM PK dragons at the Edmonton auction, mainly females but really pretty....

I have a hard time telling females apart. Tips?

Oh this was a long time ago the melano and there were two...I knew I should have got the younger one but the bigger one was just so pretty.wub.gif

Edited by Sierra