Bad Night to run out of Prime...

cale262

It was WC night for me and I ran out of prime just before I did my Victorian tank, I thought it would be no big deal to skip the Prime this one change...wrong...1/3WC without prime and all my Syno cats are belly up...$h1ty night... :unsure:

Guest Master of Puppets

I did that a little while ago and lost 2 giant balas. I stalked up on 3 big bottles of prime after that. The worst part was finding a bottle with enough for one dose under the stand a few hours later. :(

When I started to empty the water from the tank last night I was certain I had another bottle after finishing one off in my O tank, I searched high and low before deciding to refill that tank...I went out first thing this morning and bought a 2L bottle of Prime and 3 new Synodontis petricola from Henry...When I got home I went under the kitchen sink to grab some glass cleaner and guess what I found,...another brand new bottle of prime :o I looked everywhere but under the damn kitchen sink :(

I'm going to fill up a few smaller bottles and leave one under every tank for future WC's...

Edited by cale262

...where is the best place to buy the prime and how much is it?

I buy mine from Natures corner store, here's a link to their conditioners...Natures Corner store, water conditioners

I'm going to fill up a few smaller bottles and leave one under every tank for future WC's...

I've started doing that, too. But, mostly because I have tanks on 3 different floors and get tired of running up and down stairs a few times for hoses, buckets, prime, etc.

Thanx all for the condolences...

Why did this happen? Are Syno's particularily sensitive? Is it an excess of chloramine in the supply?

I don't know if the tap water has changed lately but my Syno P's have always disliked water changes, I've always tried to add the water slow in their tank as not to shock them and have always added Prime until this last WC...

I don't know if the tap water has changed lately but my Syno P's have always disliked water changes, I've always tried to add the water slow in their tank as not to shock them and have always added Prime until this last WC...

They can be very sensitive to change. I doubt it was a change in the tap water.:smokey: