LF a diamond drill bit

outacontrol

Does anyone know of place to get a diamond drill bit to drill a tank, about 2.5 inch or so, in the Edmonton area? I know I can get order one from mops.ca but was hoping to either borrow one or buy one locally.

I just picked one up at Marine Aquaria in Edmonton. They had 6 or 7 different sizes. not sure what i paid, I was just happy finding one in Edmonton lol. I also princess auto,home depot,totem,glass shops,etc they could not help me find one.

Does anyone know of place to get a diamond drill bit to drill a tank, about 2.5 inch or so, in the Edmonton area? I know I can get order one from mops.ca but was hoping to either borrow one or buy one locally.

I just picked one up at Marine Aquaria in Edmonton. They had 6 or 7 different sizes. not sure what i paid, I was just happy finding one in Edmonton lol. I also princess auto,home depot,totem,glass shops,etc they could not help me find one.

We sell diamond drill bits at the Home Depot in Sherwood Park. I'm pretty sure all the stores carry them. They're in the hardware department.

We sell diamond drill bits at the Home Depot in Sherwood Park. I'm pretty sure all the stores carry them. They're in the hardware department.

I went to 2 different home depo's, the biggest size they had was for like a 1/2 hole.

cool, now to make a trip to the south side, I never even knew about Marine Aquaria, is it a full salt water fish store? How long have they been there?

they have been open for a year or so I think. Very nice store, all salt water.

Edited by H22_TURBO

It's actually a diamond hole saw you want, not a drill bit. Home Depot does not carry them, never has AFAIK.

House of Tools went out of business about 3 or 4 months ago.

Lee Valley carries them, but only up to 1". Lee Valley

I've been told that Princess Auto carries them as well, but haven't seen them there myself. Might be worth a call to them.

Boom :boom:

Edited by Boom

I baught a set from PA, but the largest one is 3/4". When I drilled a couple tanks, I used the diamond bit for the 3/4" then used the Dremel to scrape out the rest.

yeah, I know home depot does not have them, I thought everyone knew that I was talking about a cup / holesaw bit.

I saw the ones at lee valley, I looked at princess auto and I could not find anything big enough.

I phoned Marine Aquaria today and they want $45, which is too much, I can buy it on mops.ca for $16.62 plus whatever shipping is.

I was really hoping someone on here would be able to hook me up.

You need to remember that the really cheap ones you can only really get 1 cut out of it as well if your not really good at it that 1 cut you get will most likely shatter! I would recommend going for a good quality one $45 is a pretty good deal.

yeah, I know home depot does not have them, I thought everyone knew that I was talking about a cup / holesaw bit.

I saw the ones at lee valley, I looked at princess auto and I could not find anything big enough.

I phoned Marine Aquaria today and they want $45, which is too much, I can buy it on mops.ca for $16.62 plus whatever shipping is.

I was really hoping someone on here would be able to hook me up.

Sorry, i had just skimmed through your thread and only read "diamond drill bit" not the specific size. Best of luck finding one.

Are you planning on drilling alot of holes? If the answer is no then why don`t you get a glass shop to do it for you.

But if you want to buy one, go to Acklands Grainger. Quality is important so don't skimp. I would question places like princess auto. For the size you are looking for you are looking at no less than $140.00.

Here is the Acklands website: Acklands Grainger

Go to POWER TOOLS and then use 'Diamond Hole Saw' in your search query.

Don't forget that for the type of saw shown, you will also need an arbor for it which can also be used for other sizes.

One last thing is that when you are drilling, You have to be oh so carefull not to have any torsion or your glass will explode as tempered glass has a habit of doing so. RESEARCH the techniques and good luck.

Edited by Ichthyosporidium

• 1 month later...