Timers

Kronosdelsol

I just had my third Woods Model TIM1200 – Indoor Heavy Duty Appliance Timer fail on me within the last 6 months. I was going to try their digital line but then realize that Coralife and Marineland both have manual timers.

Can anyone recommend a good timer that has lasted them for years? It doesn't matter if it is built into a surge protector or stand alone.

Thanks

I have a bunch of digital timers, the Wallmart Woods and Canadian Tire Noma, and have not had an issue with any of them over the years. The Woods are the power bar intigrated and the Noma are the standalone ones.

The LFSs seem to cary units (Coralife, Zilla, and maybe Newtek) that looks just like the Woods but claim to be aquarium safe, where the Woods cliams end to life and limb for aquatic use but still seems to work well.

I've used all the cheap ones. I find the analog ones stand up better in the long run.

I use a combination of both. I've got coralife power bars with built in timers (both digital and the ones with the wheel) and then I have the plug in ones with the start and stop switches and again the wheel. And then my 6 foot light has built in timers, its is an Aquatic Life model.

Ikea has dial timers 2 for about $7 in their home marketplace on the main floor. Basically a 24hr dial in half hour increments that you push up or down depending on what times you want it to turn on or off. These have no ground input but the majority of the equipment I have for the tanks dont have grounds on them anyways.

I use the Canadian Tire ones and my digital one well.... I don`t use the timer on it because it looses memory almost daily even with battery backup so i`ve gone back to Analog ones.

good luck

L