smallest 4' tank??

thefishdude

What would the smallest standard 4' tank without getting into "custom built"? I am planning a new tank and I want to build my own stand again.

If I recall the smallest 48" wide tank is 12" deep and 18" tall. If the calculator works correctly, this would make it 45 gallon give or take a gal. Could someone please confirm this.

I might be looking at placing another order with Gold's. Any idea on a price range?? What about a waiting time?? For the most part I'm impressed with the price there but from what I gather, they do not offer any kind of warranty - and the silicone work leaves something to be desired. But again - the price point has alot to do with this.

Any info would be much appreciated...

Thanx

CORY

I think you are right. 45 gal is 48" X12"X18".

We bought ours from Gold's-it was $60 bucks, and $20 for the glass lid. Although I recall seeing them on sale for $60 with the glass lid inc. once and a while maybe.

I think they are a 1 year warranty, but maybe re-confirm w/Albert or call Gold's

Ours looked good, but I found some type of a hand-print in the glass. Like a film of sorts. I never have gotten that off. But most come out of there looking fine.

Rob

I would love to own a 33 long such as that but like you say - its a rarity (custom)

Just like I did with my 90 - If I am going to build a stand for myself, I build two that are identical and then sell off the second one to cover costs on my first. This means that I need to make a stand that is "standard" so there is more of a market for it....

I bought a 48x12x18 from the Bargain Finder a cuople of years ago with a metal stand, don't know if it was a custom size.

I just bought a 180 gallon from Golds and was told it had a one year warranty.

In regards to the 4ft, 33 gallon tank. All Glass-Aquariums makes them. Dimensions: 48x13x12

From: http://www.all-glass.com/products/aquariums/standard.shtml

Not that you ever would see one, not many people are silly enough to buy one. I'd bet they cost just as much as a 48gal. I'm sure any store that deals with All-Glass could order one though.

Yeah I was checking out their website before I started this thread but it just seemed to me that they sell many of the "odd" sizes. I'm not even sure who I would order one through... also I don't have any idea what kind of price range from their site. From what I gather the most common size that's 4' would be the 55gal. Haven't gotten around to phoning Gold's for pricing yet but I'll post once I do... :D

Weird, I didn't get a PM from anyone but Rahim!

Anyway, 55's (36" X 18" X 20")are $125.00 (sorry, foggy memory, rarely sell these) and 75's are $150. Both come with tops.

90's are better deals then 75 though, at $180 w/ top.

Edit: I talked to Dennis (Gold Aquariums) yesterday and the price of the 55 gallon tank went up to $125.00 including glass tops!!!!!!!!

Edited by rahim101