I don't like the Vendor Review Survey

I totally think we should able to say whatever we want about the vendors. However, in return they can come into our home anytime and write about any diseases, deformities, etc. that they see in our tanks. There must be some much better fishkeepers than myself as I know that I've had ich, dropsy, etc. in my tanks. Obviously the fishkeepers who want vendor reviews do not have illness in their tanks. Sorry, I couldn't resist bringing this up.....

Just to level the playing field, we will getting in fish from all over the world and placing them in possibly "unstable" tanks. Of course, we couldn't do this all by ourselves so we'll hire some help. Some will have lots of fish experience, others not so much. Okay that's enough from me. Kudos to whomever brought up the disease id!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally i do not blame the vendors for the most part but some others i would never buy another fish from again. Back on topic. I see perfectly what you mean about people skimming and getting the wrong information. I think maybe we could have an open thread that just states the city(edmonton or calgary as there are multiple stores in each city)or not and what it was, when you bought it and when the diesase showed up and in QT or not. It would not point fingers but would give a good impression as to what dieases might be out there (trends) and what you would want to wach out for especially if it is not something you have heard of or do not normally watch for. I think this would be a happy medium and you are right about the possibility of skimming=bad rumors so i think vendor names should be removed and it would allow for the option of pming for further information.

Mods what do you think :well:

L

Personally i do not blame the vendors for the most part but some others i would never buy another fish from again. Back on topic. I see perfectly what you mean about people skimming and getting the wrong information. I think maybe we could have an open thread that just states the city(edmonton or calgary as there are multiple stores in each city)or not and what it was, when you bought it and when the diesase showed up and in QT or not. It would not point fingers but would give a good impression as to what dieases might be out there (trends) and what you would want to wach out for especially if it is not something you have heard of or do not normally watch for. I think this would be a happy medium and you are right about the possibility of skimming=bad rumors so i think vendor names should be removed and it would allow for the option of pming for further information.

L

If even once when I had a sick or dead fish i could get 2 out of 3 people to agree what disease it had I might agree with you.

L

If even once when I had a sick or dead fish i could get 2 out of 3 people to agree what disease it had I might agree with you.

If you can not be sure what disease it is like most there is the symptoms which is what most would actually watch for and it is better than nothing.

L

What are you trying to say Baos? They exist elsewhere and not needed here? Example of review gone bad? Example of review gone good? Damn the man? Sign Sign everywhere a sign. Blocking out the scenery breaking my mind. Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?

What are you trying to say Baos? They exist elsewhere and not needed here? Example of review gone bad? Example of review gone good? Damn the man? Sign Sign everywhere a sign. Blocking out the scenery breaking my mind. Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?

They exist. No one is threatening to sue over it. In this case their customer service and store policies are in question.

We have decided not to allow vendor reviews because some of us have been a part of lawsuits for internet slander. It's not fun, it's expensive, and it's a reality. Granted, lawsuits are not as common on all Canadian sites, but the fact remains that we have rules and we will endevour to follow them.

We must remember that this is not a public forum, it is privately run and opperated.

Those are important words. This is a private forum, so it is goverened by the owners not the subscribers. You guys make the rules, makes sense to me.No real democracy needed.

They exist.

You have a place you can whine, go whine there. Despite your profile comments to the contrary, it should not be your mission in life to lower the quality and content of discussions everywhere you go, you might even start to feel better to boot :D

Edited by T Dawg