The Calgary Aquarium Society

is once again holding their

Giant Fall Auction

Sunday, October 3rd, 2010

Montgomery Community Center

5003 16th Ave NW

Item viewing: 10:00 – 11:00am

Auction starts: 11:00am

Great deals on fish, tanks, equipment, plants, and frags!

Meet other aquarium hobbyists!

Raffle prizes!

For more information and auction guidelines:

www.calgaryaquariumsociety.com

The complete list of auction regulations should be posted on the website within a day or two.

We have revised the rules somewhat: Please note that selling of items is now limited to club members only! This includes CAS members, and members of similar clubs (ACE, etc.)

So if you need to renew (or purchase) a CAS membership, make sure to get it taken care of at the Sept.13 meeting!!!

Here's a map to the community hall for anyone who hasn't been before.

BTW, for those of you who are coming from the north, Stoney Trail now connects from the QEII/Deerfoot Tr. all the way to 16th Ave/#1 so you can get around the city faster. Then just head east on 16th to the auction.

There might be some rare plants and wild type livebearers there :smokey: As well, rumours of some colorful bettas, maybe even some wild bettas, have been heard... Critter crumbs aka "fish crack" are being "cooked" as we speak and have seen some pretty fancy angelfish that are bring grown out for the auction. And that's just what I've heard :drool:

We have revised the rules somewhat: Please note that selling of items is now limited to club members only! This includes CAS members, and members of similar clubs (ACE, etc.)

That's a good idea. Do ACE and other clubs reciprocate? (just curious) Like can a CAS member sell at their auction?

That's a good idea. Do ACE and other clubs reciprocate? (just curious) Like can a CAS member sell at their auction?

Yes they do.

There might be some rare plants and wild type livebearers there :smokey: As well, rumours of some colorful bettas, maybe even some wild bettas, have been heard... Critter crumbs aka "fish crack" are being "cooked" as we speak and have seen some pretty fancy angelfish that are bring grown out for the auction. And that's just what I've heard :drool:

What? No rare prolific live bearers this time? :P hahaha

We did not just kick your a... on the gridiron, we destroyed and decimated you. See your team on friday :bang1:

Edited by fishclubgirl

Aw only CAS members can sell stuff now? Wouldn't that make it less stuff to auction?

And do CAS now post their Auction on Kijiji? I think you should! I first heard of CAS from the Kijiji on the Auction like 2 years ago and missed last year's Fall auction due to not hearing from Kijiji and assumed it was the week after... It'd also get more people to attend.

And this year I'm volunteering as a runner again :D SO looking forward it!

Aw only CAS members can sell stuff now? Wouldn't that make it less stuff to auction?

The majority of items in the auctions are already from members (CAS, ACE, etc.) There have been repeated issues with particular non-member(s) who can't be bothered to join the society, but like to take advantage of the auction. I believe that most other clubs have the same rule.

And do CAS now post their Auction on Kijiji? I think you should! I first heard of CAS from the Kijiji on the Auction like 2 years ago and missed last year's Fall auction due to not hearing from Kijiji and assumed it was the week after... It'd also get more people to attend.

Yes, we have been posting it on Kijiji and Used Calgary for the last couple of years. Generally, the ad runs during the 2 weeks before the auction.

its only $35 to join... might as well support local clubs while they are still around... otherwise there might not be an auction to go to

You betcha! But we're not just about the auctions... We are actively working on improving the quality of our programs (Bill Bishopp will be the guest speaker at Monday's meeting!) There are mini auctions every month, members also have access to the most excellent CAS Library, and receive discounts at the local fish stores...

Edited by werner