And the tanks just keep coming...

vince0

Hey Folks,

One of my friends is shutting down his 120g tank and giving it to me free of charge! It comes with stand, glass tops, 48" HoT5, fluorite gravel, canister filters and the heater. The tank dimensions are 48" x 24" x 24". Only problem is, I dunno what to put in it! I'm thinking either a south american, central american or lake tangyinika biotopes. If you got this tank, what would you put in it?

I have that same size tank. It started as a Tang tank, but I gave up on it when some fish that I didn't really want in there (but,they were free from a friend) killed a fish that I really liked.

Right now it's a planted tank - you can see pics in my journal.

i think ill do this one to please my roomate, she wants a tank with tons of color. So the plan is to change the gravel out for some pool filter sand, get some nice rocks and make a hap/peacock tank. I haven't kept african cichlids in about 10 years so it'll be fun to get back into it. Last time I kept them I spawned p. saulosis. So I thought i'd do something different. With the limitations of a 4 ft tank, I think this will give me the best bang for my buck.

I still have 180g 6 footer coming in the near future too, so we'll see what comes to mind for that one.

An all Male display tank would look cool ;)

Your right it would, however, I have a hard time keeping any fish without trying to breed them. Im planning on keeping 3-4 species that would completement one another and maybe a few syno. type catfish to complete the look. For algea control im probably gonna use snails to keep it natural looking. And im probably gonna end up getting a few tanks to put females in as they get ready to drop fry. But first I have to get this tank, and thats still a month away. Ive got soo many projects on the go at this point, it'd be nice to complete one of them haha.