Pleco Stung By Ray

RDFISHGUY

I am sitting here working on my computer when all of a sudden there is a commotion in my 360 tank which is right beside me. There is a big cloud of sand gravel and fish excrement and from the cloud my female ray goes flying across the tank and one of my green phantoms comes out swimming funny and kind of twitching with something hanging out of its body. I netted it out as it was pretty much dead and this is what I discovered:

IMG_6710.jpg

IMG_6709.jpg

IMG_6705.jpg

IMG_6704.jpg

It sucks but its interesting at the same time. I still have 5 more of these plecos. That female gave my arowana a shot in the face yesterday too. Ripped some skin off. He's been chasing the smaller rays and trying to breed my BDL ray which is weird because it's a male... and it's a ray. I guess she decided not to take any crap.

Jewels, I think that's some of the pleco's guts - it looks pretty soft to me.

Never lost the stinger either. Almost like she stabbed it just to murder it. I the pleco was stuck to it for a bit cause the ray was freakin out too.

sorry to hear about that I guess survival of the fittest even in a tank. Even if that means the dumb ones don't make it. It's interesting and i never would have thought the plecco would bother the rays but you learn somthing new every day. good luck with the rest of them.

L