Iodotropheus sprengerae

nevchewy

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how does it happen, and what cause it?

That only happened once and the person was recredited

And Nev wasn't, but IMO should have been. He didn't recieve what he paid for.

That's not flaming Albert. I think you need to get a thicker skin. :bang1:

If this happens during transit(even if its not common) how come no one knows about it. Nev asked over at cichlid forum and no one had a clue as to what it was. If it happens during transit you think it would have happened to a couple other people.

I too believe that Nevin should have been refunded his money or sent replacements for the affected rusties, even if its only 16$ worth of fish. He didn't recieve what he paid for.

Did he demand a refund? Did I miss that? From what I garner, no, he did not.

And furthermore, NOT EVERYONE SHIPS FISH. And I never stated that it was common, only that I've had experience with it.

What do you guys want exactly? Like, c'mon, you want a refund? Ask for a refund. You want answers? Well, seems like no one has any to give, so tough.

Man...

Did he demand a refund? Did I miss that? From what I garner, no, he did not.

Gee Albert, do you really need to "demand" a refund when your shipment shows up covered in black spots that no one can explain, except that James stated

a friend of mine says that happens sometimes when they get stressed  during shipping and might go away. ( but I have never heard of that before )
And furthermore, NOT EVERYONE SHIPS FISH.

Meaning what? That's a good excuse?

And I never stated that it was common, only that I've had experience with it.

Val's words were "even if it's not common". No one said it's common, just that we don;t understand how this happens, but no one knows about it.

What do you guys want exactly? Like, c'mon, you want a refund? Ask for a refund. You want answers? Well, seems like no one has any to give, so tough.

Man...

Taking this kind of personally, aren't we? All we stated was our opinion, which was that we don't understand how this can happen during shipping, but no one seems to know about it. Plus, if the seller was informed, why wasn't a refund offered?

Thicker skin, Albert, thicker skin..... :wacko:

A refund was not offered...

I didn't go after James as a seller...

I suggested a refund (not demand) but it was played down by James as he did a lot of work to prepare this order for me. (he answered a lot of questions being that was my first time shipping).

This is unknown... but time will tell if it is genetic (i still don't belive its a parasite, as he is a reputable breeding and all the pics of his stock are clean of any black anything) as when they start to spawn and the fry have black spots...

Then i'll get mad and start my compaining.

It seemed like i was more mad about this than hung as he didn't even bother to email james with the complaint. Being new into the hobby, i thought they were supposted to have black spots until i posted the pics. I have learned a lot, and in the future from what i have learned, i'd do things differently.

It's kinda hard to demand a refund now or new stock from james for something that happend over 3 months ago.

it has been swept under the rug.

If albert has seen this happen... then this is not the first case...

but my question is for albert...

what ever happend to the fish with the black spots? Did you ship them back? sell them? cull them? keep them for your self?

just wondering how you handled the situation.

thanks for the post albert... I'm glad now to hear that someone else has heard of this.

nev

I suggested a refund (not demand) but it was played down by James as he did a lot of work to prepare this order for me.

There's the problem there. Not only that, from James's first email:

If you write a review that of course is up to you I just hope you don't say anything negative...Have a good one James

Kind of hard to be objective on this one Albert....

• 3 months later...

Just another update on this thread...

The Female Rusty that i had QT has just spit 6 fry.

none of which have any indication of black spots yet (i'll be watching them as the grow out though).

In defense of james... i guess its not genetic.

sorry to bring up a dead thread, but i just wanted to share my findings.

nev

Thanks for the update Nev,

I was interested as I seem to have the same thing on one of my female afra's. Had planned on doing the same thing as you - waiting to see what offspring look like before culling. What does scare my though is that I got this particular group from Hung (maybe from his rusties). Just noticed the spots maybe a month ago...

it could be...

hung mentioned that it did spread with his fish.

mine have now spead to a couple.

the theory of it being a parasite looks like the winner...

as much as it sucks!

i'm down to only a couple of rusties that have it as a few either died or were killed by their tank mates.

i'm going to cull the rest i think very soon in hopes that it will not spread any more.

i'm glad its not genetic too!

nev

I noticed spots develop on a Ps. elongatus "chewere", and thought that it was genetic, as it was just as the fish are starting to color up. Now, I'm seeing some spots on a Kenyi that I recently added... Guess I should separate 'em out, eh?

No known cure for this?

I searched for a while about this... and there is nothing known about this other than it just happens.

if you notice the spots spreading you know you have problem. if they are spots that are genetic like an OB peacock it may be genetic. if you can post a pic i will let you know if it looks like what hung and i have/had.

nev